Hi, from the Netherlands! Introduce yourself! · Jenke ter Horst · ... · 6 · 145 · 0

JenkeTerHorst 0.00
Hi everybody!

My name is Jenke, and I live in the Netherlands, not far from Utrecht (so a lot of light pollution). Somewhat more than two years ago I re-activated my hobby from 30 years ago, and that is astronomy. Due to the fact that I decided to do an undergrad in econometrics (instead of astronomy) I had much less time to remain active in following all kinds of developments in astronomy. I grew up in an area of the Netherlands (Twente) with dark skies, so I never lost interest in the sky.More than 2 years ago I bought a new telescope (6 inch Celestron Nexstar)), and was impressed by all the digital developments in this field (I had a very small refractor from my childhood). What was hardly possible in the past (making pictures of deep sky objects), had become possible. Therefore, I decided to buy a first CCD camera (Atik Infinity) in order to practice. Recently, I decided to accelerate, and bought a new scope (Zenithstar 126) and a new camera (ASI 1600mm pro mono), and now I hope to learn from you in future by sharing my pictures. (November 1st, 2019)

Kind regards

Jenke
khrrugh 3.21
Hi Jenke,

welcome to AstroBin, glad you've found us. Looking forward to more images!

CS from germany,
Michael
kajouman 2.81
heey welcome,also from the netherlands...all the way up north,in a more green zone.

nice setup you have. have fun.
Trikkievic 0.90
Hi Jenke, this is Victor from Leidsche Rijn (Utrecht West). If you want to get to know some more enthusiasts from the area, let me know.

Clear skies!
Douwe79 0.90
Hi Jenke,

Welcome to Astrobin (sorry for late reply). This is Douwe from Weesp (also light polluted). Originally from Friesland with darker skies :-D
Good luck and clear skies!
(deleted)

Register or login to create to post a reply.