Hello from Dripping Springs, Texas USA Introduce yourself! · Bob Rickert · ... · 8 · 131 · 0

rgrickert 0.00
Hello!  Ive been interested in astronomy since I was a young boy.  Now that I'm retired, I hope to have more time to really enjoy the hobby and perfect my imaging skills.  I've recently started using Pixinsight but have a long way to go to master it
Edited ...
khrrugh 3.21
Hi rgrickert,

welcome to AstroBin. The long road using PixInsight ist really worth it - but on the way you'll love it and you'll hate it ;-)

CS from germany,
Michael
rgrickert 0.00
Thank you!  I used to use MaxIm and photoshop but that was years ago.  I stopped imaging for a while because we lived in London (clouds and light pollution but fun) and now I'm eager to get back to it.

Thanks for the encouragement!
GaryI
Welcome to a fellow Texan, rgrickert!  I retired several years ago, picked up this hobby, and absolutely love it.  I hope you can have as much fun as I have had these past few years, although it is probably the most challenging hobby you could pick up.   Astrobin is great for imaging ideas and getting questions answered.  Spend time learning PI - it is well worth it!
rgrickert 0.00
Hi Gary!  Nice to make your acquaintance.  Where in Texas are you located?
GaryI
Hello, Bob!  I'm over in East Texas, in Onalaska on the shores of Lake Livingston.  I like your new profile pic!
schmaks 0.00
Hey Bob!

I'm up in Cedar Park.

How are the skies down there?
hbastro
Hi Bob,
I am in Southern California, with a patch of dirt in the eastern Sierra Nevada. Welcome back to imaging.

Regards,
Dave
rathijit 0.00
Hi Bob, I'm in Dripping Springs as well. Welcome! 

Regards,
-Rathi

Register or login to create to post a reply.