DSLR / dedicated astrocam filter ? [Deep Sky] Acquisition techniques · Esben Hoffmann · ... · 4 · 162 · 0

HOFFdk 0.00
Hello everyone. excuse my english, use google.
Is there a filter that I can use right now? on my Canon 60d DSLR, but also when I once purchased a dedicated astrocam.
I live in Bortle class 4/3 if it has any significance but does not have to be a light pollution filter.
But maybe something that can help you see what you can't see otherwise. I am open to suggestions
Clemley 0.00
I use an Optolong L-eNhance filter for nebulae with my Nikon DSLR and mirrorless cameras. It blocks everything except H-alpha, H-beta, and Oxygen iii.  I usually blend those with regular RGB images in stacking - I don't do anything special, just let Deep Sky Stacker do the work - and it works great.  That allows me to get images from my unmodified cameras that look almost like the ones that come out of my modified camera.  And when I use it with my modified camera, I can get the Horsehead Nebula, for example, easily with a 30-second exposure.  Or, if the object mostly emits those wavelengths, you can use it without the RGB images.  Definitely worth looking at.  Good luck!
Bella123 0.00
I agree with clemly, you will basically be able to capture narrowband light with one filter, and also greatly helps with light pollution and moonlight, there are a few different ones out there, like the opt triad, but I don't image with a DSLR, so I'm not sure what ones will fit both DSLR, and dedicated camera, but I'm sure they make one
Edited ...
zs1chq1 0.00
ÿes,i think so !
jesco_t 1.81
If you want to use a filter with your DSLR and astrocam, then you need to buy a threaded 2" filter. Those go easily into the imaging train for astrocams and DSLRs on a scope. For your DSLR + camera lens you can buy an adapter to put it in front of the lens.

Register or login to create to post a reply.