Hi from Scarborough, Ontario Introduce yourself! · Godfrey Benjamin · ... · 3 · 56 · 0

godash23 0.00
Hi all!

My name is Godfrey - reporting from the puzzle that is Bortle 8-9 Scarborough, Ontario.

I always had a child like fascination with the stars and celestial objects. My goal is to learn as much as I can so in 2024, I can be ready for a total solar eclipse that will occur in Hamilton, Ontario - extremely rare in Canada to begin with.

My gear is very modest - an unmodified Nikon d5300 with its kit lenses, a prime lens 50mm 1.8D, an intervalometer and an AmazonBasics tripod.

I'm currently paying off student loans so I can't spend much until a few months from now, but my next purchase is most likely to be a star tracker.

I only started astrophotography 4 months ago and started delving into it when I got my prime lens - my current goal is to exploit as much as I can from the prime lens to image the night sky and to learn what works and doesn't.

Really glad to be here and hope to learn more!
Rich-sky
Godfrey, Welcome to Astrobin,
I started AP, 2 years ago and this hobby for me has been amazing. Amazing discoveries of our universe as we can see it.

Yes, pay the debt first and invest in good AP equipment after, smart!

Beware, if you develop a passion for AP, well, it is an amazing money pit!  But for me, worth, every pennies.

I am sure, you will use Astrobin to search for best results and best equipment. Ask questions, avoid costly mistakes.
Clear skies and start 'Looking up'

Richard, west of you in bortle 8
Edited ...
b_kassabov 3.53
My gear is very modest - an unmodified Nikon d5300 with its kit lenses, a prime lens 50mm 1.8D, an intervalometer and an AmazonBasics tripod.

HI and best wishes.

My first gear was even lower - Nikon d3100

So - good luck and you'll do it!
hbastro
welcome...

Register or login to create to post a reply.