Altair gpcam Generic equipment discussions · jonjames999 · ... · 3 · 76 · 0

jonjames999 0.00
Good morning all, I have sw 200pds with heq5. I got an Altair gpcam (been using my canon 1100d.  Is there an idiots guide on how to use the Altair gpcam as I literally cannot get it going
many thanks
jon
CraigT82 0.00
What gpcam is it? And what capture software are you using? Did you download and install cam drivers before plugging it in?
jonjames999 0.00
Hello it’s Altair gpcam colour, I’ve managed to download it to the laptop with the correct drivers and can see it works during daylight.its as if it’s set to dark mode as I cannot get to grips with the settings

thankyou
matthew.maclean 3.97
I have their 290M and 178C (and a 269C on the way) that work fine. You should install AltairCapture first, which is downloaded from www.altaircameras.com. Once it is installed, you should be able to just plug the camera into the USB port and when you run AltairCapture, the model number should be in a list in the upper-left corner. When you click that, the video window should appear. Some other programs do have the Altair drivers built in too (PHD2 and Sharp Cap among others), but AltairCapture can at least let you be sure the camera is operating. Hope that helps.

Register or login to create to post a reply.