Help Asi 294 mc pro [Deep Sky] Acquisition techniques · manudu74 · ... · 4 · 603 · 0

manudu74 0.00
Hi,
I start with an asi 294 mc pro, could you help me about the settings: exposure time, gain, contrast settings red and blue etc.I think using sharpcap as software with the camera.
Thank you all for your help and advice

Manu
RandyRoy 0.00
Hi Manu,

Congratulations  on the camera. I really like my ASI294MC. As with most things, exposure times and gain are highly dependent on your particular setup and seeing conditions. I use a 208mm F3.9 imaging Newtonian and find that 30 second exposures at 199 gain works pretty well as a general purpose setting. I like SharpCap for planetary imaging and polar alignment, but I use APT (Astrophotography Tool) for capture and highly recommend it for this camera. Also, check out APP (Astro Pixel Processor) for stacking and pre-processing and StarTools for post processing. There are many other packages, but none so inexpensive and intuitive IMO.

Best Wishes
manudu74 0.00
Randy Roy:
Hi Manu,Congratulations  on the camera. I really like my ASI294MC. As with most things, exposure times and gain are highly dependent on your particular setup and seeing conditions. I use a 208mm F3.9 imaging Newtonian and find that 30 second exposures at 199 gain works pretty well as a general purpose setting. I like SharpCap for planetary imaging and polar alignment, but I use APT (Astrophotography Tool) for capture and highly recommend it for this camera. Also, check out APP (Astro Pixel Processor) for stacking and pre-processing and StarTools for post processing. There are many other packages, but none so inexpensive and intuitive IMO.

Best Wishes

Hi Randy Roy,

Thanks to you for answering me.Personally I use a newton skywatcher 200/1000.
I will try to use APT to see
manxkats 0.00
Hello, I am new to all of this but I have the same camera currently on my skywatcher esprit 100 Ed super apo.   I also use sharp cap pro, it has a feature smart histogram where it will test a bunch of settings quickly and give you the best options to use.      I also use the live stack to check my images quickly, then take some shots without the live stacking.    I have some pretty good (to me anyway) images of m42,  rosette, m 109 all unguided.   Unfortunately it takes time to learn this stuff and not enough clear nights to do that in.    I watched a really good video on you tube, easy workflow for stacking in sharp cap by Carl Smith.   Of course I also follow Trevor Jones astrobackyard who is wonderful to learn from.
starfield 1.43
I've been using a similar setup to mankats and use LiveStack as part of my regular workflow now.   Once I'm sure that tracking is working right and stars are focused/round I use Live Stack during my session and use the "Save Individual Frame" option.  This saves the raw frame preprocessed and then goes on to build a stack live.  Nice thing about going this route is I get a rough idea of what kind of image I'm going to have to work with post processing.... And, if there are any weird flares/reflections I sometimes pick this up early in the live stack process.   Periodically you can also reset the LiveStack just to make sure everything is working alright..

Register or login to create to post a reply.