DSLR to telescope Generic equipment discussions · Themainsandwich · ... · 3 · 251 · 0

Themainsandwich 0.00
I currently have a Nikon d90 and am trying to get it to attach to my Celestron - PowerSeeker 127EQ telescope and i have goten a T-ring adapter ( https://www.amazon.com/T-Ring-Telescope-Adapter-Nikon-Cameras/dp/B07KLRXBX8 ) I don't know what else I am going to need to get it to work and im kinda confused on what I need obviously astrophotography was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

Can any of you help me pick out what I am going to need
 Thank you
matthew.maclean 3.97
It looks like in the manual (pg 25),
https://s3.amazonaws.com/celestron-site-support-files/support_files/1245780194_powerseekerinst.pdf
Celestron says you want to use their Universal T-adapter (#93625), which will attach to your T-ring effectively making it like an eye-piece. This should match your T-ring (which should be an M42 thread). Just be aware that these telescopes are designed primarily for visual use. It will be a good learning experience to start, but you will quickly find its limitations for astrophotography probably. Also note that sometimes the visual use Newtonians cannot reach focus with all cameras (I don't know for sure what you will find with this one).
GirishNair 0.00
I haven't perse used the PowerSeeker telescope, however I have used my D90 with a Celestron CDC 9.25' Cassegrain/Schimdt Telescope.  The biggest issue I have faced is the vibration caused by the D90 on shutter release.  This distorts the image - if you are just going to shoot one photo.  Use a intervalometer if you are planning to take photos with D90.

Good luck!
pricech44 0.00
Get an Orion 8” F 3.9 Astrograph. 500 US
CELESTRON AVX Mount                   700 US

Very nice for beginner and will give you Quality images.

For future Get your DSLR Modded to full spectrum.                                             300 US

You could also AutobGuide with this setup
i Still use this setup and you can see what I have been able to do.

CS
Chris

Register or login to create to post a reply.