Astronomy photographer of the year (2020) winners – in pictures Fine Art Astrophotography · Glenn C Newell · ... · 6 · 288 · 0

dts350z 0.00
·  1 like
https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2020/sep/11/winners-royal-observatory-greenwich-astronomy-photographer-year-2020-in-pictures

Some interesting "art" vs. standard astro photos included.
matherneconnor 0.90
·  1 like
Honestly, I would say 18 of the 23 images that made it this year I would put more in the art category than anything else. So many awesome images with unique edits, framing, processing, etc., glad to see the judges enjoyed the deviation from the accepted standards
GWLopez 19.68
Congratulation to Fine-Art Group members Connor Matherne and Min Xie for their Royal Observatory 2020 Astronomer of the Year awards. Your images are an inspiration to all of us.
mr1337 1.20
·  1 like
Congrats, a huge honor! Looking forward to the images from this next year already.
uranus7 0.00
I would rather congratulate all the ASTROBIN members who won at IIAPOTY a place either in the list of winners or in the short list, considering that the contest is still subject to a subjective degree by the board of judges, from year to year. And of course we have a pretty long list of the categories  above mentioned by me.
Good job boys!    Congratulations!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                     Clear sky,                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Gabriel
Edited ...
MikeF29 11.33
·  2 likes
Yes!  Congratulations to Connor Matherne and Min Xie!!  A well deserved honor...
matherneconnor 0.90
·  1 like
Thank y'all

Register or login to create to post a reply.