Filter Assistance William Optics CAT Series · Joey Troy · ... · 6 · 85 · 0

joeytroy 0.90
So I bought the ASI533 with the RedCat (still in transit). Can I get away with a 1.25 filter on the camera, or do I use the 2inch filter on the RedCat? If you have pictures that would be slick.
jjjakus17 0.00
It goes by the sensor size on the camera, not the scope. I use 1.25” with my Spacecat, but I use a 183mc pro which has a smaller sensor, so smaller filters will work. Not sure about ur camera
jjjakus17 0.00
I found other people on cloudy nights forums who said 1.25” will work with ur camera
joeytroy 0.90
@jjjakus17 I see you can install a 2.0 filter on the Red Cat in the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhO7_q7mUME&t=0m46s

Just wasn't sure if I could sneak away with 1.25 on the camera.
jjjakus17 0.00
·  1 like
I use an efw but yes u can get away with 1.25
geeklee 2.71
When using the ASI533, I use 2" filters (UVIR cut or L-eNhance for example).  With the built in 2" filter thread on the back of the RedCat it's an easy way to do it... although expensive comparing to the 1.25".

With the 1.25" it's just a case of ensuring you have a thread to get it in front of the camera.  Won't be any problem from a sensor size anyway as the diagonal is only approx 16mm.  Perhaps a 1.25" filter drawer for easy swapping - close to the sensor.
Topographic 0.00
·  2 likes
The 533 comes with the 1.25" T2 adapter, gets the filter in nice and close. Shouldn't be a problem.

Register or login to create to post a reply.