Just another Canuck, Eh! Introduce yourself! · north.stargazer · ... · 4 · 64 · 0

north.stargazer 0.90
·  2 likes
Hey Everyone,
Another crazy Canadian here; willing to stand out in the cold and snow to gather some ancient photons.

I'm based in southern Ontario, under lovely Bortle 8 skies!
I'm new to astrophotography but I have a pretty strong background in photography and design, so the transition hasn't been too difficult.

I must love difficult hobbies since I also collect and restore classic pinball machines in my spare time. Astrophotography can be only slightly less expensive and frustrating at times 

The moment I learned that shooting DSOs under light polluted skies was actually possible, I ran to buy my first EQ mount and set of filters. 6 months later and I'm now hooked and running 2 rigs and working on a 3rd.  I've been posting most of my progress on Instagram (under the same handle) but I finally felt confident enough to start sharing some of my better stuff here on Astrobin... so here I am.

Thanks to all of you who have already offered great support and encouragement!

Clear skies!
Adriano
AliAlhawas 1.20
·  1 like
Hey Adriano..

You have very nice images .. surprising me  all that in 6 months.. good job !!
Welcome and keep going posting amazing sky stuff..

Thanks
Ali
north.stargazer 0.90
Ali Alhawas:
Hey Adriano..

You have very nice images .. surprising me  all that in 6 months.. good job !!
Welcome and keep going posting amazing sky stuff..

Thanks
Ali

Thanks so much Ali.
Trust me, there have been a lot of bad images for the first few months too.... just go have a look at my Instagram posts

I have a fairly good background in photography and using photoshop, so I think that made the learning curve a little softer for me.
The hardest part has been developing good capture technique and getting accustomed to hardware limitations.

It's been a lot of fun.
jzholloway 2.97
·  1 like
Good to see you on here!!
north.stargazer 0.90
Jared Holloway:
Good to see you on here!!

Hey man! small world ;)

Thanks!

Register or login to create to post a reply.