Tip for Noobs like me: Don’t show your family Astrobin images [Deep Sky] Processing techniques · Rob Calfee · ... · 6 · 661 · 0

Robcafe51 7.53
·  20 likes
Major Tip: If you are a noob like me, don’t share Astrobin images with your family until you become better at post processing. If you don’t show Astrobin images to your family, they’ll think your crappy pics are amazing. 

Happy New Year!
Edited ...
leviathan 4.72
·  2 likes
Lol, true. Sometimes I make two processing on the same target, bad and good. And not always family members like the good one.
Robcafe51 7.53
@Nadir Astro That’s hilarious. But I understand. I’m just starting to spot problems I probably would’ve never noticed before.
torsinadoc
·  2 likes
This is so true!
ruccdu 2.71
·  3 likes
I show Astrobin to anyone that asks, and they still think my crappy images are fantastic.  Go figure.

Ron
Edited ...
Soupernova 2.11
·  3 likes
This is funnily true.  When I first started a few months ago looking at some of the images on here was daunting.  You've got to remember that we all don't have the same equipment, and knowledge is gained through time.  People on Astrobin love to see individual improvement.  My little setup isn't going to pull what a planewave pulls.  Nor would I want it to because I wouldn't be able to do the data justice.
Edited ...
Geoff 2.81
·  6 likes
Occasionally I look at some of my old images. All of them can be improved with the processing techniques that I have developed over the years, but sometimes they are not worth the effort--bad focus, bad tracking, exposure too short and so on. But every so often I come across one which has just been badly processed and with improved skills on my part it turns into a really good picture.
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.