Hello from Corvallis, OR Introduce yourself! · Tom Carrico · ... · 5 · 67 · 0

astronomytom 0.00
·  1 like
Hi Astrophotographers,
I have been taking astrophotos for 35 years, starting with film way back in the 1980's. Currently I have two setups. In my backyard is an AP 900 mount and a Takahashi FSQ 106 with an STT8300 camera. Because it rains a lot here, I also have an astrophotography rig at Dark Sky New Mexico that I share with a buddy. It has a Stellarvue 100 SVQ/STT8300 and on top of that is a Canon 200 mm lens connected to a QSI690. Both cameras have LRGB and narrowband filters. All this sits on a Paramount MX+ and works very well.
I am excited to be sharing images on Astrobin and learning new techniques while exploring the site.
- Tom C
Acehighaj 0.00
Hi Tom, welcome to Astro bin. I am in Portland and This time of year I spend a lot of time looking at other people’s images. The images you have posted are very good.  I look forward to seeing more. Stay dry!
morefield 11.07
Hi Tom,

Portland imager here (FSQ106 as well) and I keep another scope at Sierra Remote in CA.

My son went to OSU so I’m pretty familiar with Corvallis.  Are there any clubs there or do you do anything with the Eugene club?

Kevin
astronomytom 0.00
Hi Kevin,
We have the Heart of the Valley Astronomers club in Corvallis. With the pandemic our meetings our held using zoom and we invite members from the Eugene and Salem club. They do the same. We now have lots more participation.
We have virtual star parties at least once a month, our next is tomorrow (Friday, January 29). We use my scopes at Dark Sky New Mexico. Everyone is invited.
I was at Sierra Remote for about 1.5 years back in 2015-2016.
- Tom
eoliveira 0.00
Hi there Tom,

I started in astrophotography in 2012 when looking at some DSLR astrophotos and realizing for the first time what digital had done for astrophotography. Its very difficult to buy equipment here in Brazil. I started with an Astrotech RC8 and an Orion Atlas mount and a Canon T3i camera. I then purchased a monochrome Atik 314L CCD with LRGB and narrow band filters. My latest purchase was an Astrophysics Mach1 GTO mount that works really well. I am here in Astrobin for a while but never took time to interact with the users, something which I plan to invest more time on...
jhayes_tucson 22.40
Hi Tom,
I’m in Bend but my in laws live in Corvallis so I’m over there many times a year.  I have to commend you and everyone in the Central Valley (including Kevin) for your perseverance through the long wet winters in Oregon.  When I moved to Bend from Tucson, the chamber of commerce touted central Oregon for the “over 300 sunny days per year”, but  I’ve since learned that the number of clear nights in the winter is a lot closer to Corvallis than Tucson.  On the flip side, if you don’t mind 6 hours of darkness, the summer nights are generally spectacular.  Good luck with your imaging and welcome to AB.

John

Register or login to create to post a reply.