AP-newbie introduction from southern Germany Introduce yourself! · Björn · ... · 2 · 68 · 0

barnold84 10.79
Hi everyone!

My name is Björn an I'm living in southern Germany. I got into astrophotography in 2020. Before, I haven't been doing any astronomy for more than 15 years or so, except following science/astro news (but I wouldn't really count that ). When I was a kid, my dad and I did some visual observation but nothing beyond that.

Why am I doing AP? I guess it's a very good combination of many things that I am interested in: it's about space, photography, the technology behind it etc. etc. What I enjoy most in this hobby is working with the technology, the mounts, the optics, the software to combine the images and so on. The images are proof for me that I haven't been doing things horribly wrong .

When I'm not doing AP, I work as a physicist at a R&D dept. in a machine building company.

I joined AstroBin to get in touch with people having common interests, see what results other people achieve and to present some of my results to discuss them. Feel free to get in touch with me!

Clear skies!

Björn
udeuterm
·  1 like
Welcome! Stick around and get ideas and advices. It will take some time to fine tune the results, but if you ask anybody here who is more than a year or so on Astrobin ... it's worth it 😊.
Steve_Starman 0.00
·  1 like
Welcome Björn! Looking forward to see more pictures taken from southern germany!

Clear skies!

Register or login to create to post a reply.