Any idea why celestron's been making new telescopes, but no new equipment for those telescopes? Generic equipment discussions · V.M Legary · ... · 8 · 294 · 0

HotSkyAstronomy 2.11
Hi guys, I've been in search of a .7x reducer for my Edge HD 8 for a while, and I noticed that celestron's been making and shipping new full scope packages, but ZERO new accessories like reducers, and T-adapters for them. Any clue whats going on? I could see the pandemic being an issue, but at the same time, they're making entirely new scope packages.

If anybody has an Edge HD 8 reducer that they're selling though, please contact me via instagram (same username). I've been looking for one for 8 months now.
Rich-sky
Reducers for sct can be purchased at many retailers on the internet.
HotSkyAstronomy 2.11
Rich Sky:
Reducers for sct can be purchased at many retailers on the internet.

Those are SCT universal reducers, which are common, and have been in stock for a very long while. Edge HD's need their own specified reducer for each model. These have been out of stock since before July of last year.
kelito 3.31
This doesn't really answer your broader question, but if you're looking to get a reducer before Celestron's production catches up, you might take a look at Optec. They have an EdgeHD specific reducer. I have the Celestron .7 for my EdgeHD, but considered the Optec .62 for the slightly larger field. The prices are pretty competitive. I hope this helps.

https://optecinc.com/astronomy/catalog/lepus/19409.htm

Best,
-Kelly
HotSkyAstronomy 2.11
Thanks for the info, I've been looking into that, but I dont want to have to ditch my normal universal threads for a multi-screw lock mount.
kelito 3.31
·  1 like
Thanks for the info, I've been looking into that, but I dont want to have to ditch my normal universal threads for a multi-screw lock mount.

Yep. That's a super fair consideration. I just checked and the Celestron reducers seem pretty sparse on the Cloudy Nights classifieds these days too, but might be worth keeping trolling on there. Although, I always seem to show up about 5 minutes too late to actually snag whatever it is I'm looking for. I hope you find one. They do make a huge difference for DSO with that slow, long FL scope. Unless I'm shooting the solar system or using a HyperStar, mine is almost always on.
HotSkyAstronomy 2.11
I've found one from a friend, he has a buyer atm, but he's giving him till sunday to take the offer, or I'm giving him my very generous 320$ in exchange.

Gotta pay high to get one unfortunately, if they werent so rare ATM, I'd go 290-300.
Rich-sky
No, i am talking about the edge Hd.

https://www.all-startelescope.com/sales/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Reducer&search_in_description=0
Edited ...
HotSkyAstronomy 2.11
Oh dang! I'd like to buy it, but not for 30$ over the US price.

Register or login to create to post a reply.