Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED UMC Aspherical Canon Camera Lens Astrophotography · Yves-André · ... · 6 · 153 · 0

YAF 0.00
·  1 like
Hello, I have the Canon 6D, which is a full frame. I ma planning to buy theSamyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED UMC Aspherical Canon Could  anybody tell me if this lens is compatible with my 6D ? Goal is to take auroras,  star trails and milky way.

Have a nice day
Giulio 0.00
·  1 like
Why shouldn't it? I use it on a 5Dmkii. The only problem is to find the exact point of focus, because it is not at the end of the ring.
2ghouls 6.71
·  1 like
Yes, it's a full frame lens, and is compatible with the 6D. Cheers, Nico
Gujopedi 0.90
·  1 like
Hi Yves André.

for sure this lens matches Your 6D.

Last year I bought a Samyang  XP F2.5 14mm just for the same purposes.
Here You can see some images, taken with this lens in front of a 6Da.

But:

Please note that quality assurance is obviously not at a particularly high level at Samyang.

I have tested a total of 5 copies of the 14mm / f2. 5.
The objectives had very differing Qualities!

Good luck

C.S.

Günther
Edited ...
YAF 0.00
·  1 like
Thanks ! O f course, there is an opportunity with a special price which make it very attractive.
HR_Maurer 2.86
·  1 like
Hi Yves-André,
i recently set that lens onto my wish list, too, for identical purposes. Beneath the 20mm lens. The Canon-lenses i used so far do not produce round stars. I think i also came along this question, which has now being answered.
However, i stumbled across cine lenses - which might be better suited to equip with a focuser. Are these lenses worth a try? Does anybody know about the Samyang cine lenses' (e.g. 12, 14, 16, 20, 24 mm) performance?

CS Horst
2ghouls 6.71
·  3 likes
Does anybody know about the Samyang cine lenses' (e.g. 12, 14, 16, 20, 24 mm) performance?

They are identical optically to their 'photo lens' counterparts, the only thing that changes is the lens housing where you get de-clicked aperture ring (with T stops instead of F stops), and a geared focusing ring. I have a mix of photo and cine Samyang/Rokinon lenses because I buy whatever is cheapest.

Register or login to create to post a reply.