Welcome! Milky Way, Nightscapes and Widefields (CMOS) · Shane · ... · 2 · 56 · 0

smg_nightshots 0.00
·  1 like
My first topic of discussion I want to do in this group is on the Sony Star Eater. While the newer Sony's (at least my A7riii and a7iii) don't eat stars, the spatial filtering algorithm is still alive and well and tends to leave a rainbow of stars (Red, orange, green, yellow, blue, etc.). I have been working on ways to reduce the greens, and I wanted to share what I have done so others can hopefully produce widefield images that have better overall star color. I have also been working on finding new ways to remove purple fringing while reducing the nasty halo that can be left behind.  I will hopefully get this up soon. Cheers.
Thechosennone 0.00
I use an a7s and have the same problems at bulb mode. I am very interested in your workarounds. Thanks.
smg_nightshots 0.00
Hey, 

The best workaround I have found is basically removing color from the stars so they appear white instead of... green, orange, blue, purple, etc. 

Basically I use dust and scratches to remove the stars in PS, then change the blending mode to color and adjust opacity accordingly.

Register or login to create to post a reply.