XF 200mm f2 on a ZWO-cam ? Fujifilm Cameras · Einar Schau · ... · 3 · 46 · 0

Schau 0.00
·  1 like
Hei,

As a non-astro equipment I have a Fuji X-T4 and a XF 200mm f2 lens. I have used it for some astro, but would love to get the lens mounted to my zwo asi2600mc-camera.. As far as I know where is no way to do it because the need of focus-by-wire on those XF-lenses.

Do you know any way to get an XF-lens mounted to a ZWO-camera?

Einar Schau, Norway
Staring 4.40
·  2 likes
Wow, nice glass! I‘m drooling over one but can not justify the expense.

I‘ve looked for the same (for my 80mm) but found no solution. It is also quite unlikely to be possible as the X mount has a backfocus distance of only 17.7mm. Even with a flat M4/3 ZWO (6.5mm backfocus) that leaves just 11.2 mm for adaptation including electronics. The 2600MC already has 17.5 mm backfocus, so there is just no space left. 

A small upside is that the Sony X2-4 are quite sensitive in the h-alpha spectrum. Not quite as good as dedicated CMOS astro, but it‘s still around 40%.
Edited ...
Schau 0.00
Thanks for your quick reply.

Ah, I was not thinking about the backfocus thing; and I see it aint easy to solve.

For beeing what it is, I think the X-T4 makes up some great astrophotos, but beeing able to use the Asiair Pro, L'Extreme filter etc would have been great - at least with the XF200mm which is an extrordinary great lens. (I bough it to photograph muskoxen here in Norway).
Staring 4.40
·  1 like
I‘ld just try some targets without filter. If you have dark skies, the result might be good anyway. I was surprised how much signal I got on the North America Nebula with my X-T3+XF 80mm, and I had to shoot from a tripod without mount (2s exposures). 40%QE in h-Alpha is not much less than what you get with a KAF-16803.

Register or login to create to post a reply.