Saved Processes in PI No Longer Opening Properly Other · Bruce Donzanti · ... · 3 · 140 · 0

umasscrew39 12.53
· 
I have a new issue that just started today in PixInsight.  When I went to open a saved process, instead of opening as usual, it tried to install it in PI, asking me if I wanted to close PI and reboot.  I asked for help on the PI forum and got this....

" i think we've seen this before - somehow windows associates PI files with the PI installer instead of with the PI application. i think there are some threads here about this, but i don't have them at hand.

as a first step, deleting the installer or maybe zipping it up and then re-associating the files with the PI application might help."

Well, I have no idea how to do this or find it.  Is it possible for someone to explain this to me in steps I can follow?

Picture1.png
andreatax 7.22
· 
You have to de-install it and then re-install it again. Or, reset the Pixinsight installation (return to its default state) from inside the Pixinsight menu in Windows: Pixinsight - Reset Settings.
umasscrew39 12.53
· 
Thanks- I tried several things and what I discovered is that if I drag and drop (or copy) the saved process onto the open PI window, it opens properly.  It still fails by simply clicking on the saved process like I used to do.  I have no idea why but it is working now.
umasscrew39 12.53
· 
Just so everyone is aware, this problem is now being reported by others on the PI forum and CNs.  However, someone on PI found a solution (1.8.8-10: Double click .xisf looks for 1.8.8-6? | PixInsight Forum)
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.