Finally downloaded NINA N.I.N.A. Users · Elmiko · ... · 7 · 293 · 0

Elmiko 9.53
· 
·  11 likes
I just downloaded NINA yesterday. Finally made the jump from Nebulosity for image aquisition. Got everything connected and working. Just need some clear skies to test plate solve and autofocus. 
I'm pretty excited about being able to setup and start a session and go to bed. Have it do it's thing, park, and shut down!

CS Mike
jerahian 1.81
· 
·  2 likes
You're gonna love it
urmymuse 1.81
· 
·  1 like
You will get loads more done!
BradleyWatson 7.33
· 
·  2 likes
NINA is great. When I get my roof motorised............ahhhh I'll be sleeping like a baby going to work without interuption You will love it. Can't believe it is still free, it does sooo much.
Professor2112 0.90
· 
·  2 likes
Oh yes, you’re going to love it.  The thing I love the most is how easy it is for someone to figure out the features without tons of research and trial and error.  It just seems to work.  NINA is the only reason I’m able to image in the bitter cold winter months.
erikfrank 1.20
· 
·  1 like
N.I.N.A. works like a charm on an mini PC directly mounted on my scope. I enjoy now the imaging sessions with a hot cup of tea in my living room.
Best is the framing of targets combined with the plate-solving goto. Now every object is in reach.
cgrobi 4.53
· 
·  2 likes
I tried some other programs (BYE, APT, ...) and then discovered Nina. It was a while ago there were still not all functions available, that are now in the Nina 2 Beta release. But it had all the stuff I needed so far and it was really simple to use. With the latest changes of the nightly builds, this is an awesome software. I really like it. It made the automation of my setup so much easier and I can sleep well. If something goes wrong, it sends different signals to wake me up.

The new voyager-like advanced sequencer was a bit hard in the beginning. But it offers much more flexibility if you get used to it. Even my DIY-devices could be integrated in the sequencer through external scripts. Nina is a great piece of work and I guess, the future will bring a lot of functional add ons. I can't wait...

CS

Christian
Elmiko 9.53
· 
Sounds great Christian! 
I'm just waiting for clear skies to get it out in the backyard to make sure the plate solving works correctly. And to setup the Auto focus. 
Lots of features in NINA compared to the program I have been using for four years. ( Nebulosity).

Register or login to create to post a reply.