Astro-image videos project Anything goes · WAskywatcher · ... · 4 · 128 · 0

WAskywatcher 15.65
· 
·  3 likes
So, I was thinking about what to do with all the images piling up on the drive, and I thought about trying to make some videos of just the images - not a how-to -- lots of great videos on that out there -- but just looking at the images. Something designed just to be pretty and maybe introduce interested newbies to the beautiful things in the night sky. Anyway, I made a YouTube channel called Backyard Universe:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtEdhvK0beauXczJvQBWUaA

The first 5 are up there and I'm adding more as time allows -- and winter weather means not shooting anything for some time.
Tapfret 4.95
· 
·  1 like
Just watched the M31 video and looking forward to the rest. You now have a 2nd subscriber!

Very nice images as they are. Presenting them in video form with the embedded info is gravy.

Also, looking at what you have done with ASI2600MC. I was just today considering the QHY267, which has comparable resolution for much less money (Black Friday deal). Random sampling of similar images taken with each had me leaning toward ZWO, but what you have done pushed them over the finish line. Also considered the MM, but I am way to new at this and need to develop an OSC routine first.

Also, nice to see another user here under the PNW shroud. This fall has been ridiculous. 4 clear nights in 6 weeks at my place. 
WAskywatcher 15.65
· 
·  1 like
Thanks for the comments. The 2600 is an amazing camera, both MC and MM. I would go with the MC and use some narrowband filters and creative processing if you want to play around. MM is a totally different ballgame and a steep learning curve. And being in the PNW with limited sky time, OSC definitely has advantages - just shoot all you can, when you can, and don’t worry about different filters.
Gamaholjad 3.31
· 
·  1 like
I just watched your videos, bloody marvellous. I love short to the point useful information, and great images. Keep em coming just makes me wanna continue imaging the sky. Plus you just given a grand idea for displaying my images in my  new build observatory. It's super refreshing how you have got your hobby across to mature and newbies like me.
WAskywatcher 15.65
· 
Thanks, Gamaholjad. I’m very glad the videos are helpful and inspirational. It’s a fun and rewarding hobby. Enjoy it.

Register or login to create to post a reply.