You get the best gear ever VS... Anything goes · Kevin Hall · ... · 16 · 350 · 1

Kevin_Hall 4.21
· 
You get the best gear ever VS chance to go to the ISS to take photos there?
Share your thoughts and suggest another VS
Edited ...
siovene
· 
·  2 likes
Oh, a "would you rather" thread! My kids love these questions :-D

Would you rather have clear nights every night forever, but only have a smartphone and a poorly collimated 60 mm refractor, or only have one clear night every 10 years but be able to use the ELT?
Kevin_Hall 4.21
· 
·  1 like
Of course the second one 
Then I would like to live forever
Astrobird 10.16
· 
·  3 likes
I would take the gear. Inside the ISS it is loud and it smells bad.
Roy-Hagen 10.10
· 
I am afraid of heights and tight spaces.
I guess I will take the gear
Soupernova 2.11
· 
·  1 like
Also taking the gear!
Sean1980 3.15
· 
I’ll go to ISS. The best gear won’t make much difference here in my location.
DarkSky7 3.81
· 
Definately the gear.  A planewave CDK24 and an L-500 to put it on!
Astrobird 10.16
· 
·  1 like
Salvatore Iovene:
Oh, a "would you rather" thread! My kids love these questions :-D

Would you rather have clear nights every night forever, but only have a smartphone and a poorly collimated 60 mm refractor, or only have one clear night every 10 years but be able to use the ELT?

Looking at the sky here, I suspect someone in my neighborhood chose the second option. And his clouds have been hovering over me ever since.
Gamaholjad 3.31
· 
Gear, send to the iss and remote access it every night. Clear skies all the time without the issue being frightened of heights, noise, lack of breathable air. I sense the cost would be for the rich though sigh....
RyanJones 3.34
· 
·  1 like
ISS all day for me. Only thing better that taking photos of space would be to be in space.
Todo43 1.91
· 
·  1 like
Probably take the gear
The difficulty of imaging in space is very daunting. Rotational alignment (like Polar Alignment) would be a nightmare. It would keep changing!
Would definitely take the gear, and set up a private observatory somewhere around Cobar in Australia. Not full outback, but close enough to get dark, cold and remote skies.
BradleyWatson 7.33
· 
·  1 like
Great question! I would dearly love to go to space but I would take the gear for sure and setup a remote observatory.

Q. Superman or Batman?
Kevin_Hall 4.21
· 
·  1 like
Bradley Watson:
Great question! I would dearly love to go to space but I would take the gear for sure and setup a remote observatory.

Q. Superman or Batman?

In Elon Musk we trust)
BradleyWatson 7.33
· 
Lets just hope he can churn out those raptor engines quickly enough and avoid bankruptcy and the FAA, otherwise I'll never get there!
stevendevet 6.77
· 
"the best gear ever" So including a super computer and the James Webb telescope!
+ I'm considering a space X / Crew dragon to be "gear" too. So I'm visiting either way!  win win!

(found a loophole!)
Kevin_Hall 4.21
· 
"the best gear ever" So including a super computer and the James Webb telescope!
+ I'm considering a space X / Crew dragon to be "gear" too. So I'm visiting either way!  win win!

(found a loophole!)

*** A wise man doesn't see his foot on the ground, he watches the next step ***
finga.jpg

Register or login to create to post a reply.