AstroBin’s users Catalogs (Messier, Caldwell, VdB) Other · Mathieu Guinot · ... · 7 · 738 · 0

Mathieu80 5.49
· 
·  14 likes
Hi all,

i am happy to share these catalogs i made on my website in order to share beautiful pictures from other APers, through Astronomical famous catalogs. 
for each catalog i managed to illustrate each entry with one different astrophotographer, and sometimes 2 or 3 pictures for one entry (close view and widefield). 

A little description is given for each object and a few information about the gear used for the picture. 
you can Also reach the AstroBin gallery or website of each contributor when clicking on his name.

My website is available in french and english languages. 

- I began this work with the Messier catalog by 135 astrophotographers : 
https://guinotmathieu.wixsite.com/astrophotographies/catalogue-de-messier?lang=en

- then the Caldwell catalog by 141 astrophotographers :
https://guinotmathieu.wixsite.com/astrophotographies/catalogue-de-caldwell?lang=en

- and lately i went into the vdB catalog by 85 astrophotographers :
https://guinotmathieu.wixsite.com/astrophotographies/catalogue-de-van-den-bergh?lang=en

Now i’m digging into AstroBin for the next catalogs!  :-)

Most of the pictures were found on AstroBin and each author gave me authorisation to use his picture. Thank you again to all contributors!

hope you like it! 

Mathieu
Edited ...
si-cho
· 
·  1 like
Thanks Mathieu, it is an interesting initiative and quite useful to share with friends that want to admire DSO's as general public, so it is very illustrative and beautiful.
Cheers and CS !
profbriannz 16.18
· 
·  1 like
What a great service to the community!  Of course it will get harder , but even more impressive and useful, with larger and larger catalogs.

Sh2/RCW would make for a interesting list too. 

Great work, Brian
Bluesky71 1.51
· 
·  1 like
Very good initiative, useful catalogues, thanks for sharing!
(and i'm also happy to have participated with one photo from me)
Gamaholjad 3.31
· 
·  1 like
Thanks for sharing, it a great place to go to project manage future targets for me. NGC catalog maybe.
Edited ...
Mathieu80 5.49
· 
·  1 like
Claudio Tenreiro:
it is an interesting initiative and quite useful to share with friends

Brian Boyle:
Great work

Roberto Marinoni:
Very good initiative, useful catalogues,

, it a great place to go

Thank you very much for your nice comments Claudio, Brian, Roberto and Gamaholjad! Was my pleasure to do it :-)
NGC catalog maybe.

Haha ... yes indeed it would  be great but i prefer to choose specific  catalogs (reflexion nebula, émission Nebula, interacting galaxies etc...) and Also not too big ones... ;-)

Brian Boyle:
Sh2/RCW would make for a interesting list too.

Yes Brian maybe this will be the next one :-)
ImNewHere 1.20
· 
·  1 like
It would be interesting to see the Sh-2, Abell Planetary Nebula, and Barnard catalogs.
jhayes_tucson 22.40
· 
·  1 like
Hi Mathieu,
Your catalog came out really well.  So, thank you for putting it together!  I think that it will be a very useful reference.  One suggestion that might make it even more useful would be to order the objects by the season that they pass through the meridian.  That would make it easier for imagers to select targets.

John

Register or login to create to post a reply.