IC1805 SHO with strange artifact Other · sanyahun · ... · 7 · 321 · 3

sanyahun 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Hello everyone!

Can anyone tell me what am I seeing here? I reprocessed this image a few times, it was always there. It is not visible on a single sub, but it is visible on the OIII stack I think (I'm at work at the moment, have to check when I'm home). I'm new to the hobby, sorry if it's nothing, just curious. Thanks!

Sandor

Image13_starless_superlum_pix copy_lowres.jpg20211218_160132.jpg20211218_160117.jpg
Die_Launische_Diva 11.09
· 
·  6 likes
Hello! That's not an artifact, but the small planetary nebula PN G135.6+1.0 (which is also known as WeBo 1), and it is bright in the OIII line, as you have discovered!
MarcD 1.20
· 
·  1 like
I've noticed this on several images and my own, I can't find anything referring to it.  I was planning on imaging it with C14, it seems to be at ~ 2h 40' 12"
61 deg 10’
sanyahun 0.00
· 
Die Launische Diva:
Hello! That's not an artifact, but the small planetary nebula PN G135.6+1.0 (which is also known as WeBo 1), and it is bright in the OIII line, as you have discovered!

That is really cool, thank you!
MarcD 1.20
· 
Die Launische Diva:

Nice to know! I couldn't find the listing number on a Pixinsight plate solve, just curious, what did you use to find it was PN G135.6+1.0?
Die_Launische_Diva 11.09
· 
·  3 likes
Marc Dickinson:
Die Launische Diva:

Nice to know! I couldn't find the listing number on a Pixinsight plate solve, just curious, what did you use to find it was PN G135.6+1.0?

By performing a coordinate query in SIMBAD. This is what SIMBAD returns with the approximate coordinates you have provided in your previous post.
Tayson 4.52
· 
·  1 like
PN G135.6+1.0
MarcD 1.20
· 
·  1 like
Die Launische Diva:
By performing a coordinate query in SIMBAD.

Thank you!

Register or login to create to post a reply.