Dualband Antlia ALP-T 2” 5nm vs L-Extreme 7nm Generic equipment discussions · Euripides · ... · 15 · 1812 · 5

Euripides 1.91
· 
·  4 likes
A few days ago Antlia shared pictures and info on their Facebook page about the upcoming dualband 5nm filter ALP-T.

Here is comparison with the well known L-Extreme (right) (not my test, this is from their page too).

So if anyone shoots from heavy light polluted area and looking for a filter, hold your horses. Maybe this will be interesting for you.
59898847-33F3-42C4-A0B6-3EC727412809.jpeg
Danny_Astro 2.86
· 
Thanks for the information Euripides, I was wondering just the other day whether anyone would start producing any narrower dual band pass filters for OSC. 

I'm currently using the L Enhance with a 2600MC but was considering picking up a narrower pass filter like the L Extreme, I'll keep an eye out for anymore info on this one too.
Euripides 1.91
· 
A few moments ago I had a chat with Antlia and informed me that the final product details will be available to their dealer network worldwide by the end of the week. They hope that the product will be available on the market at the end of December.

Currently I use the IDAS NBZ with an 533MC from B8 area, so I think those 5nm will be a good option for me.
Edited ...
enricobonaventura 0.00
· 
interesting this new Antlia filter, I ordered a 52mm Idas NBZ filter for my Newton 20" f3 and full frame OSC but after 2months from the order it hasn't arrived yet. I ordered the NBZ because it shouldn't have halo problems on bright stars with f3 focal ratio, who knows if even Antlia filter does not create halo problems with fast newtons…and if the 52mm size will also available
Euripides 1.91
· 
·  3 likes
enricobonaventura:
interesting this new Antlia filter, I ordered a 52mm Idas NBZ filter for my Newton 20" f3 and full frame OSC but after 2months from the order it hasn't arrived yet. I ordered the NBZ because it shouldn't have halo problems on bright stars with f3 focal ratio, who knows if even Antlia filter does not create halo problems with fast newtons…and if the 52mm size will also available

Their response was that the a 2" version will be available till the end of the year.

I bet that this filter will not be appropriate for fast scopes, due to then known focus issues. I think that at the moment only the IDAS NBZ is capable for that.
For IDAS we could say that the limit is f4, if we go lower than that, the performance descrease quickly. I use it between f2 - f4 and does a great job.
Danny_Astro 2.86
· 
·  1 like
Cuiv, the lazy geek on has just uploded a video talking about this filter for anyone who might be interested in a watch: 

https://youtu.be/lMt63OaWfXQ
Euripides 1.91
· 
·  1 like
That’s exactly what I was waiting for, from the moment I saw him on the FB announcement. 

Preordered :-)
Danny_Astro 2.86
· 
·  2 likes
For info, it also looks like Optolong are working on bringing a 3nm dual band pass filter for OSC to the party. 

The L-Ultimate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMRhQrxvuuw&t=10s
Danny_Astro 2.86
· 
Ignore my previous post, I should have paid more attention!

I thought some testing results on the new Optolong L-Ultimate had been posted but I was mistaken.
Edited ...
kuechlew 7.75
· 
A comparison between Optolong and Anila is found here: 
Dual Narrowband Filters Shootout: Optolong L-eNhance vs. Antlia ALP-T vs. Optolong L-eXtreme - YouTube

Best regards
Wolfgang
Euripides 1.91
· 
·  1 like
Finally I was able to test my new setup but the weather (and my new focuser) are not kind enough with me...

For anyone interested, here is a RAW file with Askar400, Omegon 533C, Antlia 5nm, 300", Bortle8-9.

IC443 , not the brightest one from my location.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/028ryibPNs6aK8Tw039fxs1YA#Antlia5nmTest
jconenna 0.90
· 
·  3 likes
Below is my first light. I have the filter threaded onto the telescope side of my Nexus 0.75x Coma Corrector with an ASI2600MC. Telescope is a 10" F/4. 32 X 180s, DBE, and HistogramTransformation applied. The Halo performance on Alnitak is very impressive. I wonder if it would be even better with the filter close to the sensor?
test_nexus.jpg
Euripides 1.91
· 
·  1 like
5 x 5' from a Bottle 8-9 zone.

Just a quick DBE and EZ denoise to see what I'be got. 

Yes, I'm really happy that I got it and look mom, no halos! :-)

Image109.jpg
Danny_Astro 2.86
· 
·  1 like
The Antlia seems to be a good performing filter and I had been holding out for any info on the L-Ultimate prior to deciding. 

Visible Dark showed the results from some brief testing he did and halo's did seem to be present with the Ultimate, at least at this stage in it's development. Given this was a problem with some of the L-Extreme's and that there is no release date for the Ultimate I decided to go ahead and order the Antlia. 

Should be with me in a couple of weeks so feel free to keep an eye on my gallery or follow for results........once this cloud buggers off. 
chimerasaurus 1.20
· 
·  2 likes
I just tested my Antlia ALP-T the other night and I am impressed with the results.

dad0ff41-5817-4c48-8842-4e7858159371.png
MichaelRing 3.94
· 
My 36mm Antlia ALP-T arrived a short while ago, the Halo's are very, very OK from my point of view...

https://www.astrobin.com/1de9y7/

Register or login to create to post a reply.