· 
·  2 likes
Share please your captured comets

Here's one of my works
Giacobini-Zinner comet
comet1.jpg
Astrobird 10.16
· 
There are lots of comets in Astrobin. Just search for "comet". 

My first (and thanks to the clouds my only) attempt was 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko.
andreatax 7.22
· 
·  3 likes
This was my first ever picture of a comet. I missed taking pics of Haley and Hale-Bop.
Swan Comet in 2006:
swan_300mmf4_20061030_1849-1920ut_1536s_rgb_cropped_filtered.jpg
Kevin_Hall 4.21
· 
Olaf Fritsche:

My first (and thanks to the clouds my only) attempt was 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko.

Just wanted to gather them all at one place
Thanks!
MikeHuerto 1.20
· 
My two recent attempts:

67-P-Churyuminov-Gerasimenko   https://astrob.in/bbpmyq/0/Comet Leonard C/2021 A1   https://astrob.in/vukmfz/0/
stevendevet 6.77
· 
·  4 likes
I've only captured the Neowise comet when it came close to the earth.
So far I've never done any others, wouldn't even know how to start 

image.png
Kevin_Hall 4.21
· 
·  1 like
I've only captured the Neowise comet when it came close to the earth.
So far I've never done any others, wouldn't even know how to start 

image.png

Looks gorgeous!
ManuelCP 1.81
· 
·  4 likes
Kevin Hall:
Olaf Fritsche:

Just wanted to gather them all at one place
Thanks!

Just FYI, there is a group called "Comet Imaging" that one can join (I just did). Anyone can reference this group in the basic information of comet images. This allows to sort of "gather them in one place". 

FYI: I recently created a similar group of asteroids, called "Asteroids".  I am maintaining a list of observed asteroids in this group in the file linked in the following post: List of Asteroids observations - AstroBin

Hope this helps and

Cheers
Manuel
TorstenMue 2.11
· 
·  7 likes
My first proper comet image was Hale Bopp  and my most recent one is C/2021 A1 Leonard
C2021A1Leonard_with_Messier3_20x30sec_comined.jpg
Staring 4.40
· 
·  2 likes
My first image was of Hale-Bopp… on a 3ft telescope with a nitrogen cooled camera as I was in High School in Greensboro, NC. I had „a bit“ of help from my host father who was an astrophysicist. I have been trying for a year now to find the CD with the images to process and publish them here  (I‘ve copied them off the original disks some 15 years ago).
OllyB 3.53
· 
·  1 like
My first and only… Comet Leonard…

Comet C/2021 A1 Leonard … RGB… ‘Once in a Lifetime’
dogaard 1.43
· 
·  3 likes
Comet NEOWISE. This was only my second astrophotography attempt, using my Canon with a 75-300 zoom lens.

comet10.JPG
CCDMike 5.02
· 
·  1 like
Yes I did...
...100 years ago (it fells like)

Comet Iwamoto and NGC 2903

I didn't have an astrocamera then, but I call it my (re)entry into AP and have learned a lot since then.

I like it when solar system objects meet DSOs. This fascination is reflected in this image (but it will never be an APOD)

CS
Mike
StuartT 4.69
· 
Can I learn how to do stuff that stays still first please? 

I don't know how I'd even start tracking a target with it's own trajectory!
whitfieldp 1.20
· 
·  1 like
This time of year when it's galaxy season is when I tend to go for the more oddball (as opposed to my usual nebulae) targets like quasars and comets - I get bored with yet more images of M81/M82!
My restricted view of the sky means I often end up going for some of the fainter objects so less photographically appealing - satisfying to get though. When objects are faint I'll often do them as a negative monochrome image like the old photographic plates as faint stuff tends to be easier to see.
PHD2 actually has a comet tracking option that will let you apply a drift to follow an object. The NINA orbitals plugin can do this for you or you can supply the values yourself from the Minor Planets Ephemeris Service.
ManuelCP 1.81
· 
·  1 like
Hi everyone,

if you want to see a very large collection of comet observations on AB, then have a look at the work of Taras Prystavski

Cheers
Manuel
astrosigma 0.00
· 
Awesome photos. A friend captured Hyakutake and I still have some photos in paper; next week I will digitalize them.
prystavski 6.92
· 
Manuel Peitsch:
Hi everyone,

if you want to see a very large collection of comet observations on AB, then have a look at the work of Taras Prystavski

Cheers
Manuel

Hello everyone,
Comets are awesome! Night sky almost has no changes from year to year: the same galaxies, nebulae and constellations. Probably this is except of planets and Moon moving across the sky, supernovae or other rare events. Comets changing very quickly, they are unpredictable and really can amaze us! So many people became interested in astronomy just because once they had observed Hale-Bopp comet! Comets are inspiring and can instill love of astronomy in so many people!
Thanks, Manuel!

best regards and clear skies,
Taras
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.