Star De-emphasis script for Pixinsight [Deep Sky] Processing techniques · Stuart Taylor · ... · 3 · 530 · 2

StuartT 4.69
· 
·  7 likes
You may already know about this, but I didn't find it by searching the forum, so I thought I'd mention it.

Adam Block developed a really nice workflow for de-emphasising stars and some very helpful person (Maxim Valenko) has kindly made a script for it

https://pixinsight-updates.astroswell.com/

There is a video showing how it's used here

I have just tried it out on a few images and it's really excellent. You can adjust several parameters to get exactly the star reduction effect you want.
Astrobird 10.16
· 
·  2 likes
Thank you for the tip, Stuart. I will try it.
Juno16
· 
·  1 like
Hi Stuart,

Adam's workflow works very well. I haven't tried the script yet.

I have been getting great results by using the EZ Processing Suite Star Reduction and selecting "Adam Blocks De-Emphasis Method".

EZ1.jpg

Adam's Star Reduction Method is selectable from the Star Reduction Mode drop down menu.

EZ2.JPG

There might not be as many options using the EZ StarReduction script, but it is very easy and super quick with outstanding results.

Jim
Edited ...
StuartT 4.69
· 
·  1 like
Hi Stuart,

Adam's workflow works very well. I haven't tried the script yet.

I have been getting great results by using the EZ Processing Suite Star Reduction and selecting "Adam Blocks De-Emphasis Method".

That's interesting. I had no idea you could do that. In the EZ suite I have only used Soft Stretch and de-noise, so I'd not been aware this was tucked away in there. Thanks

Register or login to create to post a reply.