[RCC] M16 Eagle Nebula Requests for constructive critique · spacekitteh · ... · 2 · 202 · 0

spacekitteh 0.00
· 
https://www.astrobin.com/dfftnw/B/

I would like some general constructive critique (I know about bottom left corner; it's my first time using a rotator), and hopefully some advice on:

- How to correct for background gradients when the object fills the entire image? I'm pretty sure that's what has caused the purpley gradient.
- How to boost saturation without giving stars rainbow halos?
- How to get more detail in the dark regions?
- How to get rid of the stars as much as possible? Note that I use Linux and don't have an NVidia GPU.
Edited ...
david.nozadze 1.91
· 
Hello Spacekitteh!

This is a very nice footage on M16. If you are using PixInsight, please do try applying Dynamic Background Extraction, even though the object occupies biggest part of the image. You still may put few reference points on the background areas and then play with the settings. You can also try an Automatic Background Extraction and compare the results. 

If you want to boost the deatils without affecting the stars, try removing the stars with the Starnet, process the starless image and reintegrate the stars back. 

I think the only way to to boost details in the dark resgions is to get as much luminance data as possible. 

CS

David
Sean1980 3.15
· 
Hi Spacekitteh!,

Had a look at your processing order and would make the following suggestion for your RGB at least
The following steps
1) Channel Combination RGB
2) DBE or ABE
3) PCC or Standard Color Calibration
4) Noise Reduction
5) Stretch
6) LRGB Combo
and then do whatever you normally do

CS
Sean

Register or login to create to post a reply.