Sony A7III with Stellarmate EKOS on Raspberry Pi 4 - Looking for Tips/Tricks/Settings/FineTuning INDI Users · nickastrobin · ... · 1 · 52 · 5

nickastrobin 0.00
· 
Hi,

I completed setting up my Stellarmate/EKOS on RPi4.

I currently have a Sony A7III and SA 2 Pro (without a WiFi) and was advised by a gentleman to test my Sony A7III connection with EKOS while I am waiting for the Guide Scope and Guide Camera to arrive and do the complete testing.

I tried connecting my Sony A7III today and I think I got it to work.

I was able to capture image sequence with different Exposures (30s, 0.1, 0.2..). I did see some issues when setting a long exposure i.e. 0.02 or 0.05. The sequence would abort.

However with Exposure settings in the range of 30s and 0.2s, I was able to get it to capture the FITS file and save it to the local Pictures folder on the Stellarmate OS.

I would like to know further if there are any other settings I should be doing in EKOS for my Sony A7III or am I good with the settings shared below (see the screenshots).

I hope this will help others too who are trying to connect their Sony A7III with EKOS.

I would like some advice on what else should I test on EKOS with my Sony camera while I wait for my Guide Scope & camera so that I feel comfortable in the field if I run into any issues with it.

Please share your experiences/advice. They are always helpful and much appreciated!

Regards,
Nick

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 4.01.26 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-07-01 at 4.01.16 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-07-01 at 4.01.06 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-07-01 at 4.00.22 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-07-01 at 3.59.45 PM.png
valterreis 0.00
· 
Hello,
Since you are going to wait for the rest of the equipment, why not do some darks, flats and bias and see if they are ok?

Register or login to create to post a reply.