Hallo Members of Deep Sky West · Miles Zhou · ... · 18 · 371 · 0

mileszhou 0.00
Hi, I'm in! Just a test. This place will probably be more convenient to exchange images than our Yahoo group, isn't it?
mileszhou 0.00
I noticed that the jacoby-1 has the vertical bands on the background as in http://www.astrobin.com/265931/?nc=user . Does any of you find the same problem? Or was it introduced during my processing?
siovene
Hey Miles, maybe if you give your topic a more descriptive title than just "Hallo", it might be noticed more :-) I will soon add notification for when there are new forum topic in groups that people are member of, so that should help with that.
mileszhou 0.00
Yah, I agree; but I don't want to be too aggressive to create new topics. Everything here, i mean, under the topic "Hallo",  might be just for testing.
Edited ...
siovene
Nah, I think creating new topics should be encouraged. I don't think anybody would find it aggressive :-)
mileszhou 0.00
Thanks! Is "Hallo" the first topic in our forum? Okay, be "aggressive", everybody! Let's get it going!
siovene
Yes it is :-)
http://www.astrobin.com/forum/c/group-forums/members-of-deep-sky-west/
patrickgilliland 0.00
Hi Miles - thought it would be good to acknowledge your message  8)

Bit quiet in here, hopefully will get a few more threads.  Cheers, Paddy
sixburg 0.00
Agreed!  I'm lurking out here too.  I'm trying to figure out the true value of this forum compared to other outlets we have.  I we'll see how it goes!
sixburg 0.00
Regarding the banding issue...I haven't completely processed that particular data set, but I've seen some good examples from other members.  The target is quite small and very dim which both conspire to make it different.  I did look at the data preliminarily and my guess is the banding is only visible with an aggressive stretch.  Alternatively it could come about if there's a problem in calibration.  But in general, the finished versions of these image do not show that pattern.
nekitmm 2.41
Miles Zhou:
I noticed that the jacoby-1 has the vertical bands on the background as in http://www.astrobin.com/265931/?nc=user . Does any of you find the same problem? Or was it introduced during my processing?

Just noticed this thread. Yeah, I saw these lines too, I don't think they are from your processing... Did you have any luck trying to get rid of them?
Edited ...
sixburg 0.00
I forgot how did this image...you might be able to find it in a search.  I think Andreas suggested two very small, dim obscure nebulae and  he processed them pretty well.
mileszhou 0.00
Thanks for your message. I didn't do the research. I noticed some strips in some calibration frames. It might come from unmatched calibration frames. Will post any progress here.
julianr 0.00
Hi Miles and welcome
Julian
trombone76 0.00
I'll give the data a spin myself today or tomorrow.
Don Curry
trombone76 0.00
Umm VDB-9 not sure about.? I do see some reflections, not sure if It's coming from the optics . My image was rotated and cropped.
The image also had bad noise in it. Possibly needed much more than 600 second subs.
I posted the image on Astrobin.
Don Curry
Edited ...
dwormuth 0.00
Is this all DSW or just a team?
sixburg 0.00
All DSW as far as I know.  Salvatore set up the group and I think Miles made the first post.

For some reason  this forum is moderated by me?!?!
sixburg 0.00
I've added / accepted members regardless of team.

Register or login to create to post a reply.