Drizzle Integration Beginners AP · kuechlew · ... · 3 · 322 · 3

kuechlew 7.75
· 
·  5 likes
The new WBPP Script V 2.5.1 now makes drizzle integration in PixInsight easier then ever before. I'm posting this to the Beginner AP forum to encourage PI users to make use of this feature when dealing with untersampled data from widefield imaging. My latest image  (Lobster Claw, Bubble and Messier 52 under a full moon ( kuechlew ) - AstroBin) is a case in point:
image.png
On the left side you can see the ugly square undersampled stars from "normal" integration in my first version, on the right side nice round stars from the same data drizzled with a factor of 2.

Drizzled files get bigger and processing times gets a bit longer but it's definitely worth it. 

Clear skies
Wolfgang
massimo.difusco 0.00
· 
Now is it possible to obtain directly the drizzled image at the end of the pre-processing putting a check mark? In this case, where to put the check mark?

Thanks,
Massimo
kuechlew 7.75
· 
·  1 like
This is what you find on the "Post-Calibration" tab in WBPP:
image.png
You have to check the "enable" checkbox. I set scale to 2 and kept everything else on default. At some point I have to play around with the other Function settings. I'm working with an OSC and I had to set debayer to "Combined RGB" to allow drizzle integration. For any other setting it was disabled.

For a general introduction into the WBPP V2.5.1 script you may watch this video - it repeats a lot of basics of WBPP so well suited for beginners:
PixInsight WBPP 2.5.1 (Weighted Batch PreProcessing Script) - YouTube

Clear skies
Wolfgang
massimo.difusco 0.00
· 
This is what you find on the "Post-Calibration" tab in WBPP:
image.png
You have to check the "enable" checkbox. I set scale to 2 and kept everything else on default. At some point I have to play around with the other Function settings. I'm working with an OSC and I had to set debayer to "Combined RGB" to allow drizzle integration. For any other setting it was disabled.

For a general introduction into the WBPP V2.5.1 script you may watch this video - it repeats a lot of basics of WBPP so well suited for beginners:
PixInsight WBPP 2.5.1 (Weighted Batch PreProcessing Script) - YouTube

Clear skies
Wolfgang

*** Thanks! ***

Register or login to create to post a reply.