Winjupos processing artefact help [Solar System] Processing techniques · IzaakC · ... · 3 · 277 · 1

IzaakC 0.00
Hello,I have done planetary acquisition before but this was my first time using Winjupos to derotate images. I took 10 videos of mars that were 2 minutes long with 20000 frames in each. I then stacked the best 25% in autostakkert of each video.

I then did a gentle sharpen in registax. (Revision A/Original)

I am not sure if the following steps are correct.
I loaded the first image and then aligned the mars outline, filled out date and time info and then saved the .ims file. I then loaded the second image, changed time and then saved the .ims file. Is this correct, or am I supposed to realign the outline on the image. It is very close to aligned but not quite.

Once I had made the .ims for each stack, I compiled the derotated image. (Revision D)

I then did a sharpen in registax. It was at this point I noticed the white artefacts on the terminator of the planet. I do not see these in the images before derotation, so I am thinking these are a Winjupos artefact? (Revision B and C)

I am wondering what causes these artifacts and what is the best way to prevent them?
The images are below (as revisions):

Thank you for your assistance,
Izaak
jesco_t 1.81
You are supposed to re-align the outline in each new image. WinJUPOS uses it to calculate the derotated planetary surface.

The bright artifact on the right side can be mitigated by reducing the "LD" in the derotation window for each image.

Regards,
Jesco
IzaakC 0.00
Thank you very much Jesco!
cyberblitz 0.00
· 
I would also suggest, if you're using FireCapture, to turn on the WinJupos naming convention. This would negate the need to enter the Date and Time for each image in Winjupos manually, as it would enter it in for you automatically.

And Jesco is right, its most likely mal-positioning of the frame for each image. You can use the LD tool on the 2nd tab to highlight the planets limb to help you position the frame correctly for each image

Register or login to create to post a reply.