Possible Kuiper belt object close enough for surface detail observations. [Solar System] Acquisition techniques · David Healy · ... · 69 · 3245 · 0

Ckuoidfs890 0.00
How about round three? 22 41’ 49.5” +51 37’ 28.6”  You should be fortunate that the target is passing through a star field.  This might be the last round as the weather is not good.  I have not had any feedback.  If anyone has taken the challenge , please commit below.
MikeP 0.00
Hello!

I think the reason you are not getting any replies is that most people will think that this is some sort of a windup. If it is, I think it would be a good time to stop , no one seems to be falling for it .

If not then you need to work on your equipment and imaging techniques. All you images are only showing badly out of focus stars, so that would be a good start. Once they are in focus it will be easier to see what you have captured. The best thing would be to post this on www.stargazerslounge.com or similar, there you will get much better feedback.

Mike
Ckuoidfs890 0.00
With regards to Hurricane Harvey, I am doing just fine.  Will a give twenty four hour notice before I take off the evidence photos.
Ckuoidfs890 0.00
I am pleased to announce the red target is now visible tothe unaided eye.  If you use an intermediatepower eyepiece you will see the day and night side as well as the dust
rings.  Look around 00 38’ 46.5” +56 13’12.1”
KuriousGeorge 1.20
?
Ckuoidfs890 0.00
The target is near Caph.
Ckuoidfs890 0.00
I am pleased to announce the red target is once again visible to the naked eye near Shedar. The target is close enough that using a
barlow would show enough details to see if it is worth your value.   I would encourage independent confirmation now since I will be taking a break
from all things Astronomy so if I do not respond soon you can expect a response
in early November.  This is your twenty four hour notice.
Jean-Baptiste_Paris 12.54
Is it possible to stop this joke now ?
carl0s 0.00
Jean-Baptiste Auroux:
Is it possible to stop this joke now ?

Relax :-)
Jean-Baptiste_Paris 12.54
mecormin1080 0.00
C'mon, guys, return to the Earth! What KBO @ f/10 and with 0,3 sec exposures you can shoot ?   Is it Nibiru returns? 

Its coming
Ckuoidfs890 0.00
One of the problems I have is the lack of tools to help me.  Until recently I could only use occulations to get my coordinates. I would like to point out this
resource.  It’s better than the alternative. http://www1.phys.vt.edu/~jhs/SIP/astrometrycalc.html
Ckuoidfs890 0.00
First image of dust rings uploaded.
Epox 0.00
David Healy:
First image of dust rings uploaded.

I have images of dust rings too, should I upload a Master Flat?

Jokes very aside... Anyway I find weird that your name is David Healy who was an astronomer, astrophotographer and asteroid discoverer and he died in 2011: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Healy_(astronomer). Only the fact that you use his name is very low and disrespectful and if it was my decision, which unfortunately it isn't, you would be banned from this site.
Edited ...
pricech44 0.00
David this is a serious AP site why are you doing this ? If anything it’s getting very old. Your not giving us images that are close to focus so there’s really nothing to make of them. I ask you as a gentlemen to please stop with this thread and start taking images of something to be proud of.

Regards
Chris
pricech44 0.00
Thank you
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.