All my raw files are (or will be) public online Other · Wei-Hao Wang · ... · 19 · 1852 · 0

whwang 11.48
·  5 likes
Hi everyone,

I decide to publicly release all my astrophotographic raw files. Everyone can freely download the files (but not for unlimited usage). The first batch of files are those taken with various Canon 5D2. The raw files and the documentation can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9-mgz7OQ4fnYzJHLTdwZzRldEU?resourcekey=0-qv3VmrBzB3O1564hYvFZOw&usp=sharing

Please start with the read me file. It contains the basic info about the data and terms and conditions.

The next batch of raw files to be released are those taken with 16803 and A7R, likely within weeks. Images taken with other cameras will be released early next year.

Cheers,
Wei-Hao
Edited ...
McComas 0.90
From one that is still learning to post process, Thank You.  I have been practicing with data from www.rawastrodata.com and welcome other data to practice with before I make the next step with better equipment.
AtmosFearIC 0.00
Having been watching your photos for a while Wei-Hao, it’s going to be some very good data to play with.

With the perpetual cloud cover down here I am in need of new data to play with haha
pterodattilo 0.00
thank you!

Michele
zishor 0.00
Thank you! Looks very interesting and great material to practice!
whwang 11.48
Just to let you know that my A7R files are online now.

16803 is the next.
RRBBarbosa 2.86
Wei-Hao, thank you very much.
jnanof 0.00
Thanks!!!!!!! 8)
whwang 11.48
Images taken with Apogee F16M CCD are added. I do not particularly like this camera though. Maybe it's just my poor processing skill.
AtmosFearIC 0.00
Is it the KAF-16803 sensor you’re not impressed with or just the Apogee?
whwang 11.48
All KAF/KAI CCD in general.  The read noise (>10 e) is just too large comparing to CMOS (< 3 e).
Edited ...
Magellen 8.51
What a generous gesture! Thank you, Wei-Hao.
xordi 3.82
Wow, this is great!
Edited ...
dvalid 0.00
Outstanding, thank you Wei-Hao!
whwang 11.48
ALOHA.  My D800/D810A raw images are uploaded now.  Most of my recent important works are based on D800.  So you will find many interesting files.  Some very high quality raw files even haven't been processed/published by me.  Good luck digging them out.  
whwang 11.48
My Pentax 645z files are there now.  This concludes this wave of upload.

In early 2019, I will upload all my raw files taken in 2017.
cosmophoton 0.00
Thank you!
1CM69 0.00
Thank you, I need more practice files while the weather is bad
whwang 11.48
· 
·  1 like
I apologize for this.  Google changed the security setting, so the old link does not work well now.  Please use this new link to access to the files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9-mgz7OQ4fnYzJHLTdwZzRldEU?resourcekey=0-qv3VmrBzB3O1564hYvFZOw&usp=sharing
PixelPirate 0.00
· 
Hello Wei-Hao

I currently am starting with my bachelor thesis, for which I have decided to train a neural network to classify good and bad subframes from astrophotography sessions.

In order to have a well trained model, I need a lot of diverse data regarding equipment, target and environmental conditions.
More can be read on my Google Form: https://forms.gle/AL2FyR2zUGW3Q7SG9

On a google search for raw (amateur) astrophotography data, I found your post right here.

Now I have two questions:
1. May I use your data for my model? (I'm assuming the data is still uncalibrated?)
2. Are there also some bad frames inside your google drive? In order to learn to classify good and bad subframes correctly, I need a good balance between good and bad subframes.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Clear Skies!
Oliver

Register or login to create to post a reply.