Imaging telescope or lens: Explore Scientific PN-208/812 Carbon Fiber OTA
Imaging camera: ZWO ASI 1600MM Cool
Mount: SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5
Guiding telescope or lens: Solomark F50 50mm guidescope
Guiding camera: ToupTek ToupCam GCMOS01200KPB
Accessory: Explore Scientific HR Coma Corrector
Dates: Feb. 19, 2017
ZWO Blue: 33x25" (gain: 129.00) -25C
ZWO Green: 34x25" (gain: 129.00) -25C
ZWO H-alpha 7nm: 30x60" (gain: 129.00) -25C
ZWO OIII: 30x60" (gain: 129.00) -25C
ZWO Red: 30x22" (gain: 129.00) -25C
ZWO SII 7nm: 30x60" (gain: 129.00) -25C
Integration: 2.1 hours
Avg. Moon age: 22.75 days
Avg. Moon phase: 43.62%
Astrometry.net job: 1570801
RA center: 83.793 degrees
DEC center: -5.222 degrees
Pixel scale: 0.919 arcsec/pixel
Orientation: 108.587 degrees
Field radius: 0.689 degrees
Revision A is the pure RGB image.
Not enough data for this - and this was at least the forth time I pointed my camera at Orion this year, so I'm not going to gather any more data, however, this was primarily just an exercise in processing for me - mainly using layers to bring out more detail as well as doing a nebula in RGB with a monochrome camera (this is my first!). Still need to find the right settings to avoid blowing out the core - maybe next year!
Used S2 as a quasi-luminance channel.
Just narrowband in OSH.
Mix of RGB and narrowband.
Complete reprocess. I finally figured out how to use layer masks and used it for the core - it's washed out, but not completely. I constructed an artificial RGB using only SII (the only one that showed any core) and adjusted the color balance to match that part of the nebula. I also tried the luminance layering with the hydrogen alpha instead, and I think that came out well. No OIII used. The best part is: I finally got the Running Man nebula to be visible!
One last try. I incorporated some Ha into the red, some OIII into the blue and used SII as the luminance layer. I think there's a little more detail in the core, but the Running Man is back to being invisible.
A combination of the best parts of my last two revisions - I liked everything about revision E better than F except for the central part of M42. Getting better at masking...
I probably should have reprocessed from scratch, but I'm feeling a bit lazy. Anyway, all I did was stretch it and mask where that made things too bright. I'd still file this under "processing exercise".
A compromise between version G and H.
This page or operation is not available at the moment, because AstroBin is in READ ONLY mode. For more information, please check out our Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AstroBin_com
If this image is the result of your processing of a public data pool, you can send it the pool so it's displayed there.
Use this form to select an existing public data pool.
If this image is the result of your processing of a private shared folder, you can send it the folder so it's displayed there.
Such limitation improves the website as a whole by discouraging people from creating fake accounts to like their own images. Thank you for understanding!
Currently, your AstroBin index is 0.00.