RCC NGC4725 Requests for constructive critique · Brian · ... · 2 · 160 · 0

Bvin 0.00
· 
·  1 like
NGC4725 Full size
I'd appreciate a critique to know what I can do better and what that blue blob in the lower right is (its not visible on the individual subs and no other targets have it there).
I used a C8 Hyperstar at 390mm focal length with a asi2600MCPro and NBZ UHS filter.
Post processed in PixInsight:
WBPP
SPCC
ABE
BlurX
Curves adjustments
EZ Soft Stretch
NoiseX
Save

Thanks in advance,
Brian
andreatax 7.56
· 
·  1 like
Well, there isn't much to say, the galaxy is barely defined as such (image scale waaaaaaaay to small). You need to try this target with a proper image scale, somewhere from 1"/px downward (or upward, depending how you define image scale). The "blob" is nothing less than LoTr5, a more deserving target at this image scale. Other thing to note is that you have visible coma across the field, so collimation is suspect.
hornjs 3.61
· 
·  1 like
Brian...put that C8 to work at a longer focal length.  Do you have a reducer?  I used a 294 on this go with my 8".  Pretty sure my workflow included removing the stars and working on the galaxies solo.  Pretty sure I used LHE at a scale of 40, and 165 (about 30%) on each. 
My galaxy workflow usually I stretch, then remove stars, do some curves on the background and the galaxy proper (with a range mask applied, then inverted).
I'll also add that the start look kinda misshapen -- is that hyperstar collimated?  

https://astrob.in/1entw2/D/
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.