ASI533MC Pro-Noise on red channel [Deep Sky] Processing techniques · Dimitris Kavallieratos · ... · 28 · 1908 · 19

dimkavall 2.41
· 
Vince:
Hello all,

I am experiencing a very similar issue. However, I’m using the 533mc pro with the asiair plus. After stacking I notice this pattern of blotchyness pattern on the edges of the frame with a shape towards the middle. If this is a driver issue, then why would it be present with using this camera with the asiair plus? Hoping to find a solution here.
Thanks

Have you tried operating the camera with your laptop and NINA for example, in order to compare the results?

It is possible that your issue, is a flat correction one and not the driver's fault.
vtambo 0.00
· 
Screenshot 2022-12-26 233106.pngHello, the issues I'm having persist, it's all very frustrating. Here is an example of 4 images with ~1 hour data (5 min exposures) from 533mc pro with uv/ir cut filter and with a variation of calibration files applied. I used DeepSkyStacker for these, with the same settings. 

The only processing was an Automatic background extraction. All calibration files are same temp as lights (-10C). Dark are also 5 min, same as lights. Flats were 1 second, getting adu to suggested amount. Flat darks were about 1 second as well. 

Top left: just lights, no calibration
Top middle: lights with darks
Top right: lights, darks, and flats
Bottom right:  lights, darks, flats and flat darks
Screenshot 2022-12-26 230234.png

I went ahead and didnt do the ABE. Instead, just did a linear fit to adjust for green.

Left: lights with dark, flats and dark flats
Right: lights only.

You can see how much worse the photo gets with the calibration files (probably just the flats and dark flats). You can see a bit of the green/red pattern on the lights image on the right, but the calibration files just make it worse!

Screenshot 2022-12-26 233106.png
Edited ...
vtambo 0.00
· 
More proof that it's the red channel.. It just does not make sense to me that ZWO software and Cameras working together would produce this type of issue and have it be a driver issue or something of that nature...
From left to right, G, B and R on the right. You can clearly see issues with the red channel. The G and B channels have more of a classic color gradient probably due to light pollution. 
Screenshot 2022-12-27 102705.png
dimkavall 2.41
· 
Vince:
More proof that it's the red channel.. It just does not make sense to me that ZWO software and Cameras working together would produce this type of issue and have it be a driver issue or something of that nature...
From left to right, G, B and R on the right. You can clearly see issues with the red channel. The G and B channels have more of a classic color gradient probably due to light pollution. 
Screenshot 2022-12-27 102705.png

Hello Vince,

Indeed it makes no sense at all and frustrated me enough to almost get rid of the camera,but for my case the issue was the driver, both with NINA and SGP, ZWO drivers produced a similar effect with what you are posting. So it is worth trying to shoot in one session with both drivers on a bright object (M45 is fine) and compare the subframes AFTER calibration. I had exactly the same issues with you,hope that this will be your issue!
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.