celestron starsense explorer 130 dx [Deep Sky] Acquisition techniques · tago064 · ... · 4 · 72 · 0

tago064 0.00
Anyone have this telescope and know how to use it?I have a problem that the nearby planets like Jupiter and Saturn I can not see clearlyIn contrast I saw the moon excellentlyWhen I aim the telescope at Jupiter I can only see it from a distance, along with its moons, but when I zoom in I see it really not clear with a big black dot in the middle.I know you're not supposed to see that, and in this telescope other people have seen quite clearly.Maybe this is a problem with the telescope tuning and the sync of the app?
dkamen 6.89
You are mistaking the focuser for a zoom knob.
dkamen 6.89
So basically:

1) Zoom is always the same with a telescope. It is not like a zoom camera. The only thing changing the zoom is the size of the eyepiece you are using. If you want larger zoom, use a smaller eyepiece, e.g. 10mm will give you 5 times more zoom than 50mm.
2) The thing you are turning changes the focusing. When you turn it Jupiter does get larger but that's coincidental, in reality what happens is it defocuses: instead of a sharp little Jupiter you see a larger and fuzzier circle, and yes there will be a black circle in the middle after a certain point.
3) You want to turn the focuser in the opposite direction, until the image of Jupiter is a small (and sharp) as possible) and the black circle has disappeared completely. Best to use the moon for focusing because you know what it should look like. And then simply turn the scope towards Jupiter.
tago064 0.00
Plus I still haven't been able to properly target the app.Could it be that it has a connection that I can not see well?I was able to see the moon sharp and clear but it is the closest object to Earth and easy to aim at.Until now I have not really been able to direct the telescope along with the app
tago064 0.00
I'm already desperateEvery time I try to aim the telescope at a planet, I fail to see it sharply and clearly.You could say that with a telescope I can not aim at the center.I tried to aim the telescope with the red dot several times before during the day and every time I came to aim at a star I saw the black point of aiming and a shape of like a flashlight from the outside, only a little farther I saw a star shape, when it is really small.It happened to me on both Mars and Jupiter.I no longer know what I'm not doing well.

Register or login to create to post a reply.