Cookie consent

AstroBin saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing AstroBin without changing the browser settings, you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

I agree

Recommendation needed for a reducer using an Explore Scientific APO 102 ED Triplet F/7

udeuterm
30 Mar, 2018 13:45
Hello,

Since several of the members of AB use the same refractor I thought that some of you have a recommendation on a reducer. In order to capture some larger images I would need a little bit more field. Is anyone using a specific reducer, and what are the experiences? Or is it better to buy for example a 60mm telescope from Williams Optics?

Uwe
Hondo
31 Mar, 2018 00:30
I use a Stellarvue one on mine, works a treat.  https://optcorp.com/collections/barlows-and-correctors-and-reducers/products/stellarvue-focal-reducer-field-flattener-for-f7-refractors-with-2inch-focusers

Scott
Edited 31 Mar, 2018 02:44
udeuterm
31 Mar, 2018 14:29
Thank you Scott for your recommendation, I looked at several ones and this one seems to fit perfectly for "our" telescopes. I will definitely consider this one!

Register or login to create to post a reply.