ASI 585 MC or ASI 482 MC for EAA imaging? Electronically-Assisted Astronomy (EAA) · Abhijit Juvekar · ... · 1 · 126 · 0

velociraptor1 2.71
· 
Hi,

I have GSO 6 inch F/9 RC with 0.67X Reducer and Sharpstar 60ED F/5.5 APO refractor as my OTAs.

Want to start EAA from Bortle 6-7 sub-urban city sky with above.

I also have ZWO ASI 1600MM-Pro with LRGB and Ha-OIII filters setup which I wish to combine data from OSC EAA results with particular narrowband or L channel stacked images for higher quality output.

Want to know which camera will be suitable for me.

1] ASI 585MC being the latest favorite all-rounder camera with lowest read noise and high gain

2] ASI 482MC being larger 5.8um pixel size and suitable with long focal length avg seeing conditions

I can't afford to get 533MC or 294MC hence settling for lower chip size options mentioned above.

Please give suggestions for choosing the camera.

Thanks!
Xeebok 3.71
· 
·  1 like
I don't know about the 462 but the 585 is a great camera coupled with a good filter would yield a great result on your sharpstar. I would perform well with the bigger one too, but will take longer time to catch the light. Additionally, if you're not engulfed into the ZWO ecosystem (don't use an asi air), you can check out the Player one variant of the 585, as they have a cooled version that is quite affordable.

You can check out my gallery and @LittleGhost's to see images taken with the uncooled 585mc with different scopes.

Cs

Register or login to create to post a reply.