Omegon veTEC 571 C Color camera question Generic equipment discussions · Abhijit Juvekar · ... · 13 · 1292 · 2

velociraptor1 2.71
Hi,
found some amazing images captured using  Omegon veTEC 571 C Color camera.
It use same sensor as ZWO ASI2600-MC-PRO
want to ask if anyone used it or is Omegon camera company trustworthy as zwo which has great customer support?

From where I can buy Omegon camera?

Thanks
dkamen 6.89
·  1 like
Hi,

Omegon is the brand of astroshop.eu. They brand telescopes, accessories and since a year ago cameras. I believe they are just rebranded Toupteks. Touptek cameras are not exactly the same as ZWO despite having the same sensor, but people are happy with them. 

Omegon product quality is generally good for the money (they won't put their brand on bad stuff) and in my experience at least their customer service in astroshop is exceptional. I would say ask them directly, there's a button next to every product they sell on astroshop.eu and they usually reply within a day or two. If they tell you it is good for your use case, it almost certainly is.

Cheers,

Dimitris
Edited ...
Stefek 1.81
·  2 likes
I do have veTEC 571c, and you can see few images here on Astrobin.  Omegon is a part (somehow) of astroshop.eu. You can buy it from there .
This particular camera is in reality Touptek camera , Omegon and many other companies do "rebranding "  and they sell the same Touptek camera under different names/colors/labels/....
In fact you can get it (Touptek) from Aliexpress .
I decided to get it from Astroshop/Omegon, paying a bit more than Aliexpress, but having support and warranty in Europe.
I had some issues with USB communication. The assistance and help from Astroshop was great. At the end , we found that there was nothing wrong with camera, the problem was actually in the USB hub of my CEM 70 mount. 
From my experience, I can only recommend veTEC 571.
velociraptor1 2.71
Stjepan Prugovečki:
I do have veTEC 571c, and you can see few images here on Astrobin.  Omegon is a part (somehow) of astroshop.eu. You can buy it from there .
This particular camera is in reality Touptek camera , Omegon and many other companies do "rebranding "  and they sell the same Touptek camera under different names/colors/labels/....
I decided to get it from Astroshop/Omegon, paying a bit more than Aliexpress, but having support and warranty in Europe.
I had some issues with USB communication. The assistance and help from Astroshop was great. At the end , we found that there was nothing wrong with camera, the problem was actually in the USB hub of my CEM 70 mount. 

Thanks, I got inspired from your images with veTEC 571. amazing work.
Stefek 1.81
Thanks. I learned a lot with it, got myself the same mono sensor few weeks ago. Now I have 2 complete setups . 
gorann 6.94
· 
Stjepan Prugovečki:

This is an interesting alternative to the ASI2600MC, especially if it is 1000 Euro less. Are you still happy with the camera? Does it have a heated window? Does it have the HCG function that drastically reduce read noise at a certain gain (like the ASI and QHY variants)?
Cheers, Göran
Stefek 1.81
· 
·  3 likes
Göran Nilsson:
Stjepan Prugovečki:

This is an interesting alternative to the ASI2600MC, especially if it is 1000 Euro less. Are you still happy with the camera? Does it have a heated window? Does it have the HCG function that drastically reduce read noise at a certain gain (like the ASI and QHY variants)?
Cheers, Göran

Hi Göran,
I am perfectly happy with the camera. Paired it recently  with Antlia  dual band 5nm filter. Perfect. Yes it does have a heated window that can be turned on/off (in NINA). Yes , there is HCG mode and the camera switches to it automatically above the certain gain value. It does not have other modes like QHY 268M, but that is specific to QHY only. I do have also QHY 268M and if I compare the two, QHY has additional operation modes (which ZWO and others do not have) and is better in that respect, but the cooling has some issues (on my camera) .
Therefore I somewhat feel more happy with Omegon/Touptek
gorann 6.94
· 
Stjepan Prugovečki:
Göran Nilsson:
Stjepan Prugovečki:

Cheers, Göran

Hi Göran,
I am perfectly happy with the camera. Paired it recently  with Antlia  dual band 5nm filter. Perfect. Yes it does have a heated window that can be turned on/off (in NINA). Yes , there is HCG mode and the camera switches to it automatically above the certain gain value. It does not have other modes like QHY 268M, but that is specific to QHY only. I do have also QHY 268M and if I compare the two, QHY has additional operation modes (which ZWO and others do not have) and is better in that respect, but the cooling has some issues (on my camera) .
Therefore I somewhat feel more happy with Omegon/Touptek

Thanks a lot Stjepan for the fast reply! Very reassuring. I have both the ASI and QHY variants of this sensor but thought this one could be a good relatively inexpensive addition, possibly for a piggy back on my dual RASA8 rig.
Cheers, Göran
Carlesa25 0.00
· 
Hello: What values of gain and offset do you recommend for this camera, for shots of 120 to 300 seconds.

Very interesting all the information and experience with this camera, I am very interested in it. Thanks.
MichaelRing 3.94
· 
·  1 like
I am using another rebrand of Touptec (RisingCam from AliExpress) and I usually image with gain 100 offset 200 and gain 200 offset 400
AdamDudko 0.90
· 
·  2 likes
I've run a sensor analysis in sharpcap pro for the low and high gain mode.
Here are the results for my veTec 571c
LCG mode:
LCG92.png

HCG mode:
HCG92.png

There is no sudden drop in read noise when you increase the gain.
The read noise is slightly higher at gain 101, so 100 is already the sweetspot.
I am using gain 100 in LCG mode for long exposures and gain 100 in HCG for short exposures or long exposures with dualband filter.
That gives me the best full well capacity.
I set the offset to 100.

CS, Adam
andpolitis 0.00
· 
There is no sudden drop in read noise when you increase the gain.
The read noise is slightly higher at gain 101, so 100 is already the sweetspot.
I am using gain 100 in LCG mode for long exposures and gain 100 in HCG for short exposures or long exposures with dualband filter.
That gives me the best full well capacity.
I set the offset to 100.

Thank you for the usefull info! Do you still use these settings? Someone told me that he never use LCG because its useless. Is it really useless the LCG?
AdamDudko 0.90
· 
·  1 like
Hi Andreas, yes I am still using the same settings.
I have a good mount and I like to shoot long exposures.
The idea behind shooting in LCG is to avoid burnt out stars and keep nice colors of the stars.
When you are in a bortle 1 zone and doing 30sec exposures, then you need the lowest readnoise possible which you get in HCG.
In my case, shooting in bortle 5 180sec exposures without any filter the readnoise becomes irrelevant and max full well capacity is what I want.
According to my sensor analysis you get 50k full well in LCG and only 16k in HCG.

I tested different offset settings, the amount of pixels with 0 value in a 1sec subframe decreses with higher offset.
At offset 0 the number of pixels is very high, at offset 100 the number is much lower, at 200 even lower but not that much. 
Setting higher offset leads also to a smaller full well, so you don't want to set an unnecessary high offset.

CS Adam
Kajojk 0.00
· 
@Adam Dudko
Hello Adam 

Do you speek in Polish language??
If yes this is possible to talk abaut Omegon 571c??

Register or login to create to post a reply.