What do i need to use a L-Ultimate together with my Esprit 120 Sky-Watcher Esprit 120ED · Andi · ... · 5 · 340 · 2

Anderl 3.81
· 
Hey,

I hadn’t planned to but rn i am able to get the new l-ultimate for a good price. 

until now i only used drop in filters for my dslm. 
what accessories do i need to use a 2-inch l-ultimate filter with my esprit 120?

is there a way to just screw it into the esprit without changing the backfocus? 

Thx and sorry for this probably stupid question. 

cs 
andreas
Tapfret 4.95
· 
·  1 like
Filter drawer is required. I use the ZWO 2" drawer. You just pull out a spacer, or if you have an adjustable flattener, to subtract the width of the filter drawer from your backfocus. I don't have the specs on hand, but I believe it was 12.7mm for that particular drawer. I had the ZWO spacers for the ASI2600MC so there was a spacer of equal width.
woodp2001 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
You don’t need a filter drawer it will screw into the two piece extender that attaches to the flattener on the esprit 120

image.jpeg
Edited ...
bvalente 1.51
· 
·  2 likes
Yep - you need a filter drawer or filter wheel
Anderl 3.81
· 
Patrick Wood:
You don’t need a filter drawer it will screw into the two piece extender that attaches to the flattener on the esprit 120

image.jpeg

Thx!

i will try it.
bvalente 1.51
· 
·  3 likes
You could do that, but that means adding or removing it would be disassembling your image train, and your flats would need to be reshot every time

Register or login to create to post a reply.