SVbony 102 ED User Reviews? SVBony SV503 102ED · Coolhandjo · ... · 7 · 555 · 9

This topic contains a poll.
What is your verdict for overall image quality (not value for money because we already know they are well priced)
Remarkable
Excellent
Good
Average
Poor
coolhandjo 1.91
· 
Anyone got any feedback on the Svbony 102ED? I recently purchased one and so far have imaged 30 subs of the Sculptor Galaxy. I haven't processed them yet but from what I an see they seem pretty sharp and detailed. I used a generic Astro Tech Field Flattener (non reducing) and I see no elongation of stars at corners at all (using asi 533 mc pro).

There aren't many images on Astrobin submitted so I was hoping others may give some feedback here.
coolhandjo 1.91
· 
·  1 like
Well not much response on this but  I managed 1 hour or so on Sculptor. Very noisy but the scope is going to produce good images based on what I can see. This image I had the spacing  wrong which blew out the stars. And the Ha was under 1 hour which added noise. but compared with my ED80 this scope has potential. sculptor RGBHa ps copy.jpg
andreatax 7.76
· 
Coolhandjo:
Well not much response on this but  I managed 1 hour or so on Sculptor. Very noisy but the scope is going to produce good images based on what I can see. This image I had the spacing  wrong which blew out the stars. And the Ha was under 1 hour which added noise. but compared with my ED80 this scope has potential. sculptor RGBHa ps copy.jpg

I was curious as well and your shot answer the questions I had in mind. It is a typical ED achromat with significant star bloat in the violet.
coolhandjo 1.91
· 
·  3 likes
andrea tasselli:
Coolhandjo:

I was curious as well and your shot answer the questions I had in mind. It is a typical ED achromat with significant star bloat in the violet.

Thanks for replying. After fixing the spacing the stars are not bloated. Ill post a single frame here for others to see

SVBONY ed 102 test image tarantula.jpg
Djennings 4.22
· 
·  2 likes
I also purchased one of these scopes and have been very pleased with the results. Using the 0.8 flattner/reducer and stars are great across the entire image. 

Here is an image of the horse head in HA only, used a little color on it for fun but the image details came out fairly well for the scope. 

ASI1600mm pro 

Only 5 images of IC434 in HA at 300 second shots

7319cb43-67e3-4aba-bc36-cf84ed3797d8.jpg
Djennings 4.22
· 
·  1 like
Here is a shot of the Rosette Nebula using the SVBONY 503 102mm

XJ2WU3INt1bH_16536x0_pvW073Vy.jpg
coolhandjo 1.91
· 
·  2 likes
J56Tzy_JR67N_16536x0_-Gf1nafG.jpegM-Zuxy9Ux6c0_16536x0_rSGc2Ma6.jpegmeFAf-UHsC90_16536x0_rSGc2Ma6.jpegIve since used this scope multiple times and am very happy with it!
Edited ...
Djennings 4.22
· 
Hey CoolhandJo,

Excellent shots and I just love that dolphin head shot, the others are just as great too. Nice work and thanks for sharing. 

Clear Skies,
DJ

Register or login to create to post a reply.