New AT130 owner Astro-tech AT130 EDT · Trevor Bray · ... · 4 · 101 · 0

TXBray 1.51
· 
Welcome, I’m a new AT130 owner.  Only a few nights with the scope.  It’s a lot of bang for the buck.  The FF/FR is on back order so I’ve attached the WO 6AIII to see if it is compatible.  Have the backfocus close but not dialed in.  Post a pic of your AT130! And share your setup!
TXBray 1.51
· 
Update on AT130 setup.  Added WO 243mm handle, perfect fit, should have got the red one but out of stock.  Also added the WO 50mm uniguide scope which is working great with asi2600mc.  Loving the scope has great color and pin point stars.  Have been using WO 6AIII FF/FR and working well.  May cancel the AT FF/FR.
TXBray 1.51
· 
Update on AT130 setup.  After several months received the AT FF/FR.  During that time work and cloudy weather first time to image in 2 months!  First session last night captured 3 hours on the Pelican nebula will process and post today to see the results compared to the WO FF/FR.  Have not had a lot of time with the AT130 but so far very pleased.  For me it's a sweet spot in size and FL.  In the upcoming months will sell some scopes and equipment to reduce inventory.  I have found after 2 years that I tend to use 1 or 2 scope throughout the year.  Too much of a hassle to change ZWO EAF etc.  Will post Pelican today.
mhtandy 0.90
· 
I just received my AT130 a couple of weeks ago, and the AT FF/FR shortly after. I was concerned about the shipment when I received it (it wasn't labeled "Fragile" at all) - but it was packed very well and everything looked good when I unpacked it.

My first scope was a Skywatcher Evostar 80ED - so I'm looking forward to the increase in focal length.

I've only collected two images with it so far, both adversely affected by high clouds - which I will post to the group. I do like the star shape and color and think I'll probably love this scope. I like the idea of the WO handle and might have to explore that option. Compared to my previous telescope, it's a heavy beast!

GREAT images posted!

CS,
Mark
TXBray 1.51
· 
·  1 like
Mark, that is awesome great upgrade.  The handle is a must for carting around the scope.  Look forward to seeing some image.  Have fun!

Register or login to create to post a reply.