2022 M33 Triangulum Galaxy Evaluation Constructive Critique Requested · Brandon Tackett · ... · 9 · 150 · 0

Tackettbr 4.19
· 
·  1 like
Hi Everyone 

I have really enjoyed everyone's comments and critique on my widefrield and RASA nebulae, but I wanted to get some feed back on my new version of M33 and add a galaxy to this group

. I added LUM data using my new ASI 294 MM binned at 2.3 um pixel size. The improvement from my perspective show how powerful getting good sampling can be. There are still some problems with the image, particularly the star halos, which are from my Ha data with the ASI 1600 MM and that I use middle tear filters. That aside, thank you ahead of time as  I am curious for feedback and critiques. 

https://www.astrobin.com/v2ihzc/0/

If you go to the individual images/ revisions from 2022 version, you can hover over to see the 2020 version. Definitely take a look at the full resolution of the main image. 

CS! - Brandon
astrograndpa 13.14
· 
I'm confused looking at all the versions.  which one is the latest 2022?
udeuterm
· 
·  1 like
Hi Brandon, 

I am out on this one, since I really cannot give a lot of advices since my trials on M33 are not even close enough to yours, looks great to me. With galaxies (especially the big ones) I think there is always the challenge to find the right color assignments to make the image look very pleasant, and I am certainlynot the expert there. Would love your rendition of it 😊😊!

Uwe
Tackettbr 4.19
· 
Hi John, sorry for the confusion.  The original and image B are  the new versions. D and F are also cropped versions of my new rendition.  I was trying to use the mouse over to show the old versions. Cs! -Brandon
Tackettbr 4.19
· 
·  1 like
Thanks Uwe! There are several imaging techniques here that are from your advice on previous images. -Brandon
nebulachadnezzer 1.43
· 
·  3 likes
That's quite an impressive image, and far superior to my own best M33 so far. I'm particularly impressed with the level of detail you've retained in the core.

If I have one recommendation I could make, it's that I would probably raise the white point slightly. The black point is fine (don't want to crush the background) but the image seems to need a bit more contrast (to my eyes anyway).
Tackettbr 4.19
· 
·  2 likes
@Greg Harp thanks. I appreciate the thought on the white point. I probably moved the white point 20 times to find something that was the right balance. I finally ended up taking it down a little bit to portray the lower surface brightness compared to other frequently imaged galaxies. CS! -Brandon
astrograndpa 13.14
· 
·  2 likes
As everyone has said this is a fine image of a difficult target Brandon.   I'm envious of your tight stars and galaxy "glow".   For me, I'd like to see a bit more contrast to bring out the arms in the dust.
Tackettbr 4.19
· 
·  2 likes
@John Favalessa  thanks for the kind words.  I went back and adjust the blck point to the galaxy itself use the GAME script in pixinsight to mask the galaxy. I also very subtlety used the dark features enhancement script to change the contrast between the dust lanes. See the hyperlink below. Curious to see what you think.  CS! -Brandon 

Dust Lane Contrast and Dark Enhancement
udeuterm
· 
·  1 like
I like this a tick better, no question. But a tick better when being already close to superb ... well ... then it has to be superb now 😊😊.

Register or login to create to post a reply.