Feedback requested on Ced214 - Heart of the Question Constructive Critique Requested · David Payne · ... · 2 · 51 · 1

This topic contains a poll.
Which palette do you prefer for this target/data Forax or Colour Normalization?
Forax
Colour Normalization
Gunshy61 10.10
· 
I got decent S and O signals from this target, but a whopping great Ha signal that almost completely dominates.  I tried colour adjustments using both the Forax method (Revision A) and Color Normalization using Bill Blanshan's pixelmath (which is a more elegant and controlled version of what I used to do clumsily with GHS individual channel stretching).   

I think the answer will differ based on the image target, but for this particular target, please let me know which palette version you like.

Thanks,
Dave (no artistic talent at home here)

Heart of the Question - Ced 214 / Sh2-171 in SHO (Forax w RGB stars) ( David Payne ) - AstroBin
Edited ...
astrograndpa 13.14
· 
·  1 like
The color normalized version shows off the pillars and the dark dust veins so much better, oh and the stars are tighter.   I would like to see the Ha stack.
Gunshy61 10.10
· 
The stars are just screened RGB stars.  Since I didn't do this side by side, I can't be completely sure I treated them the same way.  Here is the Ha stack with STF and DBE applied...  You can see that areas that end up blue in the colour normalization do have quite a strong Ha signal - it was just reduced during the normalization.

H_DBE.jpg

Register or login to create to post a reply.