Would love the group's wisdom and feedback on https://www.astrobin.com/4sdc85/

Thanks!
-Aashish
Edited ...
Soothsayerman 2.11
· 
·  3 likes
Beautiful image!
Just my personal opinion but I think I would remove some of the stars and reduce the amount of halo or glow around the larger stars.  You also have some triangle stars in the corners so your back focus seems to be off.  The Tak has an 88mm image circle so that should not be  problem so you have some issues.  I assume you achieved perfect focus in the center.  You might review the specs of your image train to make sure you have the back focus perfect.
aashish 0.00
· 
Beautiful image!
Just my personal opinion but I think I would remove some of the stars and reduce the amount of halo or glow around the larger stars.  You also have some triangle stars in the corners so your back focus seems to be off.  The Tak has an 88mm image circle so that should not be  problem so you have some issues.  I assume you achieved perfect focus in the center.  You might review the specs of your image train to make sure you have the back focus perfect.

Thanks, you make some great points. I can definitely work on reducing stars and the glow on bright ones.

This is with the 645RD so the field is not perfect at the corners especially with the small pixels on the QHY600
Soothsayerman 2.11
· 
·  1 like
Aashish Sheshadri:
Beautiful image!

Thanks, you make some great points. I can definitely work on reducing stars and the glow on bright ones.

This is with the 645RD so the field is not perfect at the corners especially with the small pixels on the QHY600

You're welcome,  what  you say about the reducer makes sense I hadn't thought about that.   The QHY600 is a wonderful camera and demanding camera.
Gmadkat 4.44
· 
·  1 like
Gorgeous image and fascinating subject!  Agreed with the feedback above from @Soothsayerman . I also suggest backing off the saturation just a bit and getting more details out of the bright areas by selectively backing off the brightness or a lighter stretch.
aashish 0.00
· 
gmadkat:
Gorgeous image and fascinating subject!  Agreed with the feedback above from @Soothsayerman . I also suggest backing off the saturation just a bit and getting more details out of the bright areas by selectively backing off the brightness or a lighter stretch.

Thank you! Good point, will take it a few steps back and try to get more details on a revision.
astrograndpa 13.14
· 
·  1 like
All good points by gmadkat and Soothsayerman, I was going to suggest those comments before I read theirs'.   You have some incredible data.  Since you are using Pix, I would suggest you try BlurXterminator (free trail) very early in the linear state of processing.  It will improve the star shape/size and can also reduce halos.  Then use StarXTerminator to remove the stars as suggested.  I look forward to a new version...like I said incredible data!

Register or login to create to post a reply.