400 Members: Fine Art Astrophotography reaches another milestone Fine Art Astrophotography · Gary Lopez · ... · 2 · 155 · 0

GWLopez 19.68
· 
·  5 likes
This week the Fine Art Astrophotography group reached another milestone with the inclusion of our 400th member. Our gallery now has more than 3700 images. I applaud and thank all of the contributors. You were among the first to explore astrophotography as a fine art form.  Your pioneering work has helped establish the rapidly evolving discipline of fine art astrophotography.  I invite you to spend some time and "stroll" through the collection. It is a wonderful, diverse assembly of astroimagery that spans the spectrum of palette and composition. It is also one of the most decorated collections of images here at AstroBin with hundreds of Top Pick Nomination, Top Picks, and Images of the Day.

If you have an interest in the art of astrophotography I encourage you to join our group. I also encourage members  to post not only your best images, but also your "failed experiment."  Sometimes you hike to the summit, and sometimes you walk off a cliff. It is useful to other explorers to better know the route(s) to success.

CS,
Gary
Edited ...
AccidentalAstronomers 10.92
· 
·  1 like
Thank you, Gary, for starting and nurturing this group. The same things pass over our heads every year. But we don't have to view them the same way every time we see them. There's so much room for creativity and artistry, while still maintaining authenticity, in this avocation. Masters like you show the way in this regard. So thank you again, Sensei.

Clear skies,
Tim

P.S. It's not the cinematic quality of your videos, but here's a thing I put together with my own original music showcasing the Triangulum galaxy in broadband and continuum-subtracted narrowband:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PllK6VED3Ys
GWLopez 19.68
· 
·  1 like
Timothy Martin:
Thank you, Gary, for starting and nurturing this group. The same things pass over our heads every year. But we don't have to view them the same way every time we see them. There's so much room for creativity and artistry, while still maintaining authenticity, in this avocation. Masters like you show the way in this regard. So thank you again, Sensei.

Clear skies,
Tim

P.S. It's not the cinematic quality of your videos, but here's a thing I put together with my own original music showcasing the Triangulum galaxy in broadband and continuum-subtracted narrowband:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PllK6VED3Ys

Thank you very much, Timothy for your kind comments. And I like your video! Keep the creative work coming.

CS, Gary

Register or login to create to post a reply.