Skywatcher quattro 10" on Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro. Who's doing that? Sky-Watcher Quattro 250P · Michael W. Dean · ... · 26 · 632 · 4

astrospaceguide 2.41
· 
·  1 like
I ran similar setup... a 12" concrete pier in a dome and put a RASA 11 on it.  It's over 40lbs and added about 50lbs of counterweight... worked good.  I know it's at the limit, but balanced really well, dome blocked winds, got pretty decent guiding on it as well.  I wouldn't hesitate to try.  I eventually did get a CEM120, but ran that  EQ6R for maybe half a year that way.
BipTunia 1.81
· 
Josh Jones:
I ran similar setup... a 12" concrete pier in a dome and put a RASA 11 on it.  It's over 40lbs and added about 50lbs of counterweight... worked good.  I know it's at the limit, but balanced really well, dome blocked winds, got pretty decent guiding on it as well.  I wouldn't hesitate to try.  I eventually did get a CEM120, but ran that  EQ6R for maybe half a year that way.

Wow! Rasa 11 weighs 43 pounds. You ran on a Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro? That's 1 pound less than the suggested max, not counting the camera, guide scope, or OAG, focuser, etc etc.

Quattro 250P Imaging Newtonian 10" is either 33 or 36 pounds, depending on where you read it. (I think it's 33 without the visual guide scope and 36 with). Plus camera, etc.

Dome blocks more wind than my roll-off roof observatory, Dome is the ultimate anti-wind, just a little slit. (Though I've heard you can't shoot zenith with some, Zenith is the best.)

Rasa's not as long though, which factors in. But weighs so much more than Quattro 10 though. This is very encouraging overlall though. And the fact that you did it on concrete is good. Some of the people running ten inch Newt near weight max on Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro have been on a pier.
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.