Getting the best out of the Mesu 200 Mesu mounts · AdrianC. · ... · 4 · 41 · 1

cioc_adrian
· 
·  1 like
Hi,
I have the Mesu MKI version for 5 years now. 
From experience the mount behaves excellent with lower aggression, 0.5-0.6, and higher guider exposure times. In my case 8 sec + 2 sec pause.
With these settings I usually guide between 0.2-0.3" RMS.

What is your guiding experience?
Anyone tried some PEC correction?
bilgebay 1.51
· 
Hi,

PEC is not applicable... "slip" is always there. My regular exposure for guiding varies from 2" to 10-15" at times.  Please see this topic for other parameters.
cioc_adrian
· 
·  1 like
Hi,

PEC is not applicable... "slip" is always there. My regular exposure for guiding varies from 2" to 10-15" at times.  Please see this topic for other parameters.

* Nice trick with the offset tracking rate. I assume you measured the drift in RA using the guiding assistant?
Aalso, where did you measure the drift? At zenith or at lower elevations?
In order to minimize or get rid of the slip, I have set the acceleration to minimum in servo config. This way I only get a couple of arc minutes of pointing error anywhere in the sky
Edited ...
bilgebay 1.51
· 
In order to minimize or get rid of the slip, I have set the acceleration to minimum in servo config. This way I only get a couple of arc minutes of pointing error anywhere in the sky

I did the same with acceleration. I also reduced slew speed to minimum. Pointing is great.... however, even that tiny slip is enough to destroy PEC training. So PEC is n/a with this mount.
cioc_adrian
· 

I did the same with acceleration. I also reduced slew speed to minimum. Pointing is great.... however, even that tiny slip is enough to destroy PEC training. So PEC is n/a with this mount.

I also reduced the slewing speed, forgot to mention. I did always wonder why the default sidereal speed for the mount is 0.33x. Did you try changing it to 0.5x or 1x?
Bellow is my regular  tracking performance. The big spikes are dithering

guide3.png

Register or login to create to post a reply.