Cookie consent

AstroBin saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing AstroBin without changing the browser settings, you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

I agree
Contains:  Trifid nebula, M 20, NGC 6514
Getting plate-solving status, please wait...
The Trifid Nebula   M20, 





    
        

            msmythers
The Trifid Nebula   M20

The Trifid Nebula M20

Technical card

Resolution: 1197x1494

Dates:Aug. 10, 2013Oct. 11, 2013May 3, 2015

Frames:
332x30" ISO1600
Solomark Uv Ir Cut Block Filter: 4x120" ISO800

Integration: 2.9 hours

Darks: ~60

Flats: ~137

Bias: ~200

Avg. Moon age: 8.15 days

Avg. Moon phase: 52.28%

Bortle Dark-Sky Scale: 7.00

Temperature: 22.33

Astrometry.net job: 645937

RA center: 18h 2' 32"

DEC center: -22° 58' 33"

Pixel scale: 1.550 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: -177.596 degrees

Field radius: 0.412

Description

From my light polluted front yard. This is a mix of an older shot from my AT6RC and a recent from my AT72ED. 95 percent of the image was 30 second exposures and the other 5 percent were 2 minute. There was no focal reducer on the 6RC. 30 second subs at f9.

All processing done in PixInsight.

Maybe this year I can revisit the Trifid with the AT6RC.

Comments

Author

msmythers
msmythers
License: None (All rights reserved)
6722
Like

Sky plot

Sky plot

Histogram

The Trifid Nebula   M20, 





    
        

            msmythers